The person is an exact copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The person is an exact copy

If someone you love was killed in front of you, but someone created a copy of them that was perfect right down to the cellular level, would they be the same person and would you love them just as much?

He may look the same as the person whom I loved. He may be composed of the very cells of the person whom I loved. He may be an exact copy of the person whom I loved. Yes, he may act as the person whom I loved. He may be a perfect substitute but at the back of my mind, the one and true person whom I loved is already gone.

Comment

• ablasta
      ablasta commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like I've seen this in a series from Netflix, could it be Black Mirror? Well, that's really fucked up because clearly, I never want to be in a relationship with a clone that is not exactly my real partner. I'd just accept that he is gone and no one could ever replace an exact version of him.

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      ablasta I had the exact same thoughts too. It reminded me of the Netflix series, Black Mirror, the episode is quite messed up but it shows that the woman had lost her partner. She wanted to have a clone of him then when she got one, things weren't the same for her even if he looks exactly like her partner.

• AirFeline
      AirFeline commented
      Editing a comment
      The original surely was gone but here is the new version of him. If you were not aware that he was gone already, you would not know that the clone was only a copy. It feels and looks like the original one.

A copy? Like a clone? Of course they won't be the same person with the one who was killed in front of me. I wouldn't be that dumb to believe that they're just one person.

Comment

• Mor2thisIknoe
      Mor2thisIknoe commented
      Editing a comment
      But if he is an exact copy, then he is already like the person whom you had loved. I think you could fool yourself in believing that the exact copy is like the one you loved.

• Kinkytime
      Kinkytime commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, he is not the real one anymore, but he looks, feels and acts just like the real one. Do you think that it would be so wonderful?

• AnnieP
      AnnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      The person is an exact clone. That person would act just like the original one. You won't see and feel any difference from the original.

I'll probably be attracted to him but I won't love him in the way that I loved the person who looks like him. I don't want to make a fool out of myself.

Comment

• BigDaddy69
      BigDaddy69 commented
      Editing a comment
      It makes sense if you're only attracted to him but is not the exact same person whom you truly love. That's even way sad when you think of it.

• AirParis
      AirParis commented
      Editing a comment
      Since that person is an exact copy, of course, he feels the same love to you as what his original copy was. Do you think that it is fair that you won't love him as much as you loved the original copy?

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I know, and besides it's just attraction, love is not there to be in the option. BigDaddy69

I hope that we could have an exact copy of the person whom we had loved in just a push of a button. In that way, I could have him back. I would treat him just like the real person as he is an exact copy. You won't notice any difference at all.

Comment

• imhornyimhorny
      imhornyimhorny commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is okay to be fooled like that if it makes us happy right? Sad, but true, it is better to keep yourself happy even if that exact same person is already a clone to you.

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      BeautifulCupful you won't be fooled by how identical the copy is from the original. Well, it's the only way to keep you happy then you might as well accept it. You'll get used to it anyway.

• Divina009
      Divina009 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even fakes could make us happy, right? If that was the only way for me to be happy, then I would have it.

I think so, yes. They're the exact same copy and I would feel better to ease the pain. Yes, it is true that she is only a replica already but I would feel better knowing that there's an exact replacement of her.

Comment

• Stoneyption
      Stoneyption commented
      Editing a comment
      Then that's great! At least you'll get used to it too and it's like you never feel like she actually left which is quite therapeutic as well.

• HoneySpyder
      HoneySpyder commented
      Editing a comment
      This is one of the advantages of having a clone, I mean, the thought that it is the exact same person as if nothing has changed. You might find it odd but will soon get used to it, which is better.

• MasQue
      MasQue commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It is better to have something than to have nothing. At least, you could see her daily as if she is the real one.

It's like starting over but at least she is the exact same copy then yes, I would accept that. It would be as if she never left me and it would make me feel better already.

Comment

• Lucricia17
      Lucricia17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that you might not regret this sooner? Well, if that's how it is for you then I'm happy, besides, it's not like everything has an exact replacement for the things we've lost, right? Now that you have an exact copy of her then you should be happy about that.

• newromance
      newromance commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucricia17 just let him be happy with that. It's as if his love never went away, it's considered as his remedy already.

My answer to that question would be very simple: No, no thank you. I would rather be alone for the rest of my life and just accept the fact that the love of my life is already gone. I do not want a clone or anything that will only remind me of him. Only that would be torture.

Comment

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand the pain that you're feeling because I wouldn't want to have a clone of the person I love too. At least, have a little respect that they're already gone and we cannot revive them back.

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      Ugh, me too, I'll just be hurting myself into thinking that a clone would be great but at the back of my mind, the real love of my life has already passed and there's nothing I can do to bring him back.

If someone had already created an exact copy of my love, I'd just ignore her there. Are there some things that she knows to make me convinced that she can take over the place of the original? Well, she should try harder to make me accept her.

Comment

• BearMsAlive
      BearMsAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      The exact copy has everything in her - from physical, mental, sexual to literally everything. A 100% exact copy of the original.

I will NEVER be okay with that idea, before someone would make an exact copy of him, please, will all due respect they should at least ask me for it first. I do not want to get hurt and expect that the clone was really him. It's not okay for me to be honest so they shouldn't bother making one anymore.

Comment

• BabyBabu
      BabyBabu commented
      Editing a comment
      Ask you? Why would they ask you when you were just a girlfriend? I think that it was his decision to be cloned and to have an exact copy of himself so that he could continue to live.

• Shane77
      Shane77 commented
      Editing a comment
      If that is the case, then you could dump the clone. You would have your own life, and he would have his own life. The two of you would move onto separate ways already.

How is that even possible? There is no technology that currently exists that could do an exact copy of a person's everything. Oh, wait, this is just a hypothetical one, so, okay, I would buy it. That looks so promising. I would also love to have it on me for my loved ones.

Comment

• hardandrough
      hardandrough commented
      Editing a comment
      That's insane, I mean what or how can technology do such amazing things? That's crazy! No, it's so wonderful that things ca make the impossible happen!

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      I would like to have that same technology as well. I think I will never regret not losing one loved one of my life if I have that kind of technology.

I wish that they would be able to produce the machine that does this type of things. I would be one of the first clients to try it.

Comment

• BuiltToLast
      BuiltToLast commented
      Editing a comment
      You sound so optimistic about it, so do you think that they can regenerate an exact same copy of your loved one? Well, I'd want to see that happen if it's an actual thing already.

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you really still love them? CupcakeTea

I love science fictions that would become realities in the future. If there could be a technology which could give life to a dead person already then that would be so wonderful to have.

Comment

• AliveLivery
      AliveLivery commented
      Editing a comment
      With the advancement of science, most science fictions could become realities in the future. But I guess that it would take a long time before this thing could happen, if it could even happen.
Working...
X