Wanna bet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna bet?

A friend of mine told me the story about her sister, Riley. Now, Riley is not one of those popular girls but she sure has beauty and brains in her class, well, most guys adore her and is hoping to be their girlfriend. Riley knows that most guys in her room are way too out of her league. Until one day, one of her classmates, Echo, told her that he's been desperately in love with her, good thing she was too skeptical about this sudden revelation and did not accept him to become her boyfriend. One friend of Riley told her that Echo just "lost a bet", of asking her out. She was furious to think that guys think that she is some sort of trophy that a man needs. I shared this story it's because some people would 'bet' on someone to have a date with, it could be for fun or somewhat offensive. What's your take on this?

I think that they should have been together if it weren't for a bet. I have not experienced becoming a prize to be won for just a silly bet, I might get offended as well because they should at least be honest if they do like me or they're just in it for the bet.

Comment

• honesty101
      honesty101 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd feel bad for them thinking that a bet is just a way to get a person's attention. What if the person they're dealing with has fallen in love for real? Then they would just stop because they would admit that all this was just for a bet.

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      If they made you a bet, then you should be happy that men direct their attention on you. It is not every day that men would do just a thing.

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      We all know that there is no honestly when bets are present. It is the case where someone needed to win in order to get the prize that was at stake.

I think it's normal to have a bet, like, we do it just for fun. Like my friend one time, he says that he'll bet on us that he'll ask a girl out during those trips at the bar and by the end of the night he failed to hook up with any of those chicks at the bar. He lost the bet that costs him 10 dollars that night lol!

Comment

• LoveShove
      LoveShove commented
      Editing a comment
      Normal? To have bets? Oh, hell no! I'm not into those kinds of things, why would they even bet on people to be in a serious relationship? That's messed up.

• inertia
      inertia commented
      Editing a comment
      10 bucks only? That is too cheap. You should have made it to 100 bucks.

It's that even still a thing? I think those bets are not really good, if we're talking about asking out a person that is looking forward to a serious relationship. Because those bets are just for fun, like, if it's a hookup thing to do and nothing serious.

Comment

• PussySlay
      PussySlay commented
      Editing a comment
      It could hurt a person's feelings if he/she knew that their feelings were genuine towards that person but at the end of all this was just for a bet.

• sexyme1
      sexyme1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good thing I've never experienced those, betting on someone in the hope that they will win the bet and they will win the person too. Ah, that's childish and so playful. Adults can have that kind of bets but even better.

Echo is such a jerk for accepting the bet and for playing with Riley's feelings. If something like that happened to me, I'll probably be furious and I will probably say hurtful words towards the people who are involved in the bet.

Comment

• playagame
      playagame commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's just be glad that Riley did not end up becoming Echo's girlfriend. I mean she's smart but it is also given that Echo is way too out of her league as well. What more if it weren't for a bet then there would still be a chance that Riley might end up with Echo, who knows?

I never thought that something like that can happen in real life. I only read situations like that in fictional books. Anyway, the guy deserved to lose the bet that shouldn't have existed in the first place. The guy is so full of himself that he thought he can get the girl in an instant. I'm happy that the girl didn't fall for his trap.

Comment

• AliveLivery
      AliveLivery commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. It seems impossible to happen but now that someone already experienced it, I guess everything is really possible to happen. Anyway, the people involved in the bet deserve to be slapped in the face for the thing that they did. The girl does not deserve to be played on. What if the girl likes the guy and she finds out that it was all just for a bet? That would be devastating, right?

It's good that the girl didn't have a crush on that guy because if it turns out that she has feelings for him, it would be a disaster. The betting was not a good idea because someone could have been greatly hurt and that someone is the girl.

Comment

• SmgSpuffy
      SmgSpuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      No one deserves to be put in a bet if they bet their own feelings to it, get it? It's either there shouldn't be feelings involved or NO BET was involved at all!

Was Echo so handsome that he had the guts to take that bet? I hope I do not encounter something like that. Because if I do, it will be long before I move on from that.

Comment

• ManlyBeardMan
      ManlyBeardMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, Echo shouldn't be playing along with his friends for some sick bet if he really likes Riley. Too bad, he lost the bet, he even lost the girl too lol!

• fucklove
      fucklove commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would it take long for you to move on from something like that BabyBabu? I think those bet things shouldn't be taken seriously, so you don't have to put yourself down if guys put you on a bet for fun. Just don't fall for it easily if you sense that something's off, some bet is already happening like that.

What if there was no bet? What if the guy just told that there there was one so that people won't look down on him because he got rejected? I do think that the guy actually likes the girl and when he got rejected, he just made up a story about having a bet. Guys need to do everything to boost their ego and confidence, right?

Comment

• BigDaddy69
      BigDaddy69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would he even make up a story about the bet and everything? He just ruined this all for himself and I hope he does better next time when he wants to hit up on those ladies.

Well, it happened to me. Good thing that I knew that they were on bet. So, I made a decision and accepted the man. The other party, who assumed that they would win, lost to their dismay.
    Anyway, when you sense that they are doing some bets, then make crazy decisions that would make their jaws drop wide open.

Comment

• hardandrough
      hardandrough commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not understand, so two men made a bet in the chance of getting with you? Lol, I get that you've played it cool and well done! Either of them will never have you since you're aware of the bet anyway.

Betting is common for younger people only. Maybe, it happens a lot during high school years. I do not think that older people would still waste their time doing such play and foolishness.

Comment

• Janbaby
      Janbaby commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, only for younger people as older people would not go into those things anymore. Older people are serious when it comes to relationships and hookups.

How much are we talking about here? How much did Echo lose? Well, it was bad that he lost. If he won, he could have won more than just the money. Remember that Riley is beautiful.

Comment

• Marphy
      Marphy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, he could have the prize as well as the girl. It is like a two in one winning. But, until when are the lies to be sustained?

• SmileDemiSmile
      SmileDemiSmile commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that he really likes Riley, those other guys are just jealous because he somehow manages to catch Riley's attention anyway, right? Still fair enough.
Working...
X