Workmate relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workmate relationship

Yeah, we know that most companies do not allow relationships with their employees. What are your thoughts on this one? Is workmate relationship really problematic that they needed to take actions to ban it?

I think it's okay to have workmate relationship for as long as they know their boundaries and they can only do that if both of them are matured enough. Well, most people in the workplace are already matured so I think there's no problem with that.

Comment

• HugKenji
      HugKenji commented
      Editing a comment
      No issues with the maturity as most people are matured. But there are companies that explicitly prohibit employees on having relationships with people on the same company. What is your stand on that?

It could be problematic so most companies had banned those workmate relationships. It could jeopardize some works in the company. You went to the company to work and not to look out for something to hook and fish.

Comment

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, in fairness, we go to work in order to work and not to fish around. But some people do the actions at the same time. They are making some dual tasking. lol.

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree to this. If you are inside the workplace, your focus should just be in work and not in other things.

Workmate relationships seem to be complicated and problematic for me. There are instances where you can't help but get romantic together while you two are in the office which will make other employees uncomfortable. That's why I think companies should strictly prohibit workmate relationships.

Comment

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think that they had ban it due to uncomfortable feelings of other employees but because of other concerns like collusion.

Yes, I do think it's problematic. Both of them won't be focused on the work that they're doing because they may be too busy ogling at one another. Lol!

Comment

• virgingirl
      virgingirl commented
      Editing a comment
      But we all know that flirting in the workplace is not allowed. They could not have be flirting here and there and no work would ever be done anymore.

• XtineA
      XtineA commented
      Editing a comment
      virgingirl but people are strategic nowadays. They cannot flirt in the working areas but they can do that while they are in the pantry or maybe in the hidden spots of the company's building.

I think it should be banned. Couples can get so dramatic sometimes and I am sure that there will be times that they can bring their relationship problems to the office which will definitely affect their work performance.

Comment

• CuddlyPac
      CuddlyPac commented
      Editing a comment
      It is true because I've seen a few workmates being in a relationship with fellow workmates and they get bothered about their problems that will soon take over to their work performance which is not a professional thing to do when you're working.

• Airbind
      Airbind commented
      Editing a comment
      You can never tell if some of those workers are together, they could be great at handling their relationships and it wouldn't be too obvious since they're keeping their relationship lowkey. I guess those couples do not need to be banned from having relationships with their coworkers after all.

Romantic workplace relationships have been known to create polarization in the workplace, employee distraction, and feelings of awkwardness among other employees. Yes, I copied that one and I invoke the fair use policy. lol.

Comment

• BearMsAlive
      BearMsAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's okay to have romantic relationships with a workmate or if you're not in favor of it, then do not mind them. They would be held responsible for their actions and must face any consequence that they've done, as long as you have nothing to do with it anyway.

• smoker
      smoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Not all relationships ruin the productivity of work. We all know how to prioritize everything, set aside relationships and focus on the work, that's simple. I'd choose to focus on my work and if my significant other encourages me to focus on work then I can say that we deserve the relationship that we have even if we're together at the same workplace. Ladies should get a guy that knows how to value work before anything else but will surely fix your relationship problems once you two got out of work, settle those things att home, right?

• AudreyA
      AudreyA commented
      Editing a comment
      Romantic relationships in a company are commonly banned by most companies due to the negative effects that it could lead to. I am in favor of banning those kinds of relationship among employees.

It's okay to be in a relationship with a workmate as long as you two can handle things maturely. You two should act professionally inside the workplace and be sweet when you're outside of the workplace.

Comment

• honesty101
      honesty101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, there should be time for work, time for play, time for love, or whatsoever. Everything takes time, and you two will get used to it, there will be a time that you two will just brush your problems off and just continue working.

• halfSlut23
      halfSlut23 commented
      Editing a comment
      They say that there is a time for everything, yes, you two can have all the sexy time when you two are alone but the workplace is where you two can act professionally and act maturely. I've known some couples who can handle their relationship well, inside and outside of their workplace.

Dating a workmate hasn't crossed my mind. I guess I don't want to be with my special someone most of the time. If I'll be dating my workmate, I will already be with him during the day because of work then at night as well. I think the excitement and spark will fade away fast if that's the case.

Comment

• inertia
      inertia commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are already with your loved one both day and night, that would seem like you won't have some time for yourself anymore. That's why I don't want to date someone from the workplace even if he has the qualities that I am looking for.

• newromance
      newromance commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right, BabeLady, it only means that there won't be any much excitement in that relationship if you're always together literally 24/7 until you two head home. Yeah, I can imagine how boring it would be.

It is problematic in a sense that there is a tendency that the couples won't focus to their work. If that happens, the company will be at stake.

Comment

• fistingfatties
      fistingfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. There's a big chance that they will just flirt around rather than work for the productivity of the company.

• merrygoround
      merrygoround commented
      Editing a comment
      sexyme1 Only immature couples would let their work performance be put at such a stake. Of course, losing their job is more problematic than settling their relationship issues first, right? They should know how to set their priorities first.

• bemine
      bemine commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not that they could not focus on their works but they could do some things that could jeopardize the company.

It is not problematic at all if the couple knows how to discipline themselves while they are in the workplace.

Comment

• badbadboys
      badbadboys commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, they're grown-ups already, why would they even put themselves in a complicated situation if they already know what's right or wrong.

I do not think that dating in the workplace is problematic. People ca date whoever and whenever they want. The workplace or the company itself shouldn't be the one to hinder a growing relationship.

Comment

• smartass
      smartass commented
      Editing a comment
      Wrong. The workplace or the company has the right to hinder a relationship most especially if that relationship is already affecting their work performance.
Working...
X