They don't like you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't like you

Your long-term partner decided to introduce you to his/her family. You have a pleasant personality so you are sure that they will like you. When you finally met your partner's family, you can see disappointment and disapproval on their faces. Of course, you are sad. So what would be the best thing to do after this?

I think I won't be able to talk to my partner after I let what happened sink in. I was so confident that they will like me yet all my confidence came crumbling down. For me, the best thing to do after this is to have an alone time, away from my partner and his family.

Comment

• AudreyA
      AudreyA commented
      Editing a comment
      What? You are becoming a drama queen over there. The best thing to do is to directly ask your partner what went wrong. Did I wear the wrong outfit or something?

• fistingfatties
      fistingfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, and then? What would you do after all of your dramas in life? Lol.

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      Have time alone for how long? It could not be that you would take a long time in solitude.

That is truly saddening. But what I will do is to make them like me. I will do everything that I can to change their impression of me. They have only met me once and I will surely impress them when I meet with them again.

Comment

• Airbind
      Airbind commented
      Editing a comment
      So, what would be the good ways to impress them the second time around? What if you fail again on the next meeting?

• virgingirl
      virgingirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that you would do everything just for them to like you? I doubt if you would be able to do something that it nearly impossible to be done.

• AnneCubix
      AnneCubix commented
      Editing a comment
      At least, you have the initiative to do something about it and that is a good start.

I'm kinda thinking this one on a wrong way lol It's like they don't like my face or what I look like haha. If this happens to me then I will call out my bf just a bit and ask him what seems to be the problem and the reason of their sad faces

Comment

• AglowBeautiful
      AglowBeautiful commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the important thing is to ask what the problem is coming from the mouth of your boyfriend perhaps they are not sensing you enough or I might agree on your looks maybe

• HoneySpyder
      HoneySpyder commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Honestly, it could be your face. You are pretty and all, but could it be that they had thought that you were a bitch? Ooopppsss.

Maybe you did not meet their expectations. Yes, that hurts but if that's the case, you can't do anything about it. But what you can do is that you can prove to them that you have other things to offer other than what they saw during your first meeting.

Comment

• KellyEM
      KellyEM commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that's the spirit! Prove them wrong and do not only make them like you, instead make them love you. Because if your relationship with your partner will end up to marriage, they do not have any choice but to deal with you.

• HoneyHoney72
      HoneyHoney72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, you cannot expect that the parents would think that you have a pleasant personality. What you think is pleasant for you might now be too pleasant for them. What do you guys think?

I bet my partner didn't notice this so I will tell him about it. In that way, he will be the one to ask his family why they acted that way. And maybe if he loves me that much, he will convince them to change their perception about me.

Comment

• Yuki23
      Yuki23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or maybe, your perception was just twisted. Maybe, you had your own wrong interpretation.

• Mor2thisIknoe
      Mor2thisIknoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I won't do something like that. Because if I do, I will just be driving a border line between my partner and his family. And that is absolutely unpleasant.

If that's the case, they might not like your personality even though you think that you have one. Not all people think and perceive in the same way.

Comment

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, why don't they just give you a chance to express your true self before they'd get to judge or see you just like that? You can be more or you can do more. Convince your partner that his parents haven't got to know you better in the long run.

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      Not all people will like you even the parents of the person that you love most. If you cannot impress them then just continue being respectful towards them, also to your boyfriend.

I would get mad, but I won't show to them that I got mad. There must be a reason and I need to know that one by asking my boyfriend. I am sure that he knows that answer to why his family did not like me.

Comment

• Kinkytime
      Kinkytime commented
      Editing a comment
      But sometimes, those boyfriends are also clueless. What would you do when that is the case?

• Lingtote
      Lingtote commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinkytime if that were me, I'd let it pass if his parents do not like me, besides, how can I be so sure that he really is the one for me? I shouldn't be expecting more from this relationship that we both have since his parents don't seem to like me at all.

Mmm, are you sure that you wore your makeup properly at the time of the introduction? If yes, have you looked up yourself in front of the mirror and liked what you saw? Lol.

Comment

• Cupcakesi
      Cupcakesi commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you could have done something wrong on your face? Have you checked that you did do an over makeup? Lol.

• PussySlay
      PussySlay commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, so the parents did not like you because of your crooked mascara or overlined lipstick? They sure are concerned more about how a woman appears to be. Isn't it clear that a woman wears makeup on to impress other people and now that they have makeup on, they're still not impressed? Just, wow. Okay, I may be overreacting but there truly are some people that are not truly impressed with makeup and all that shit being put on their faces.

I won't let his family's impression on me get in the middle of our relationship. I will let it go. Besides, I am in a relationship with their son and not with them.

Comment

• smoker
      smoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. You are right. You are in a relationship with their son. Still, they would have a say over their son as it is their son.

• iwantFWB
      iwantFWB commented
      Editing a comment
      Sooner or later they will change the way on how they view you. you and his partners need to spend some time to get to know each other better. They will soon get a good impression from you and you will get the same good impression from them as well.

Wait, maybe you look matured enough for their young son? Lol, I don't know, if the parents wears a disappointed facial expression, maybe they might have seen you somewhere with someone and now you're dating their son already, so, consider that maybe?

Comment

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, that's way too harsh but could be speaking the truth as to why the parents do not approve of this kind of relationship for their son. But what did they say about loving someone? Would age still matter up to this day? Maybe, some parents are still old fashioned and know what's best for their kids.

• ablasta
      ablasta commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be considered that this woman is too old enough to be dating their own son which explains why their faces showed such disappointment and disapproval. So sad for the two, lol.

I think they're just testing me by putting up with that kind of face to get me thinking that they do not like me for their daughter. Okay, it is given if they do not like me but I will never lose my respect towards them because soon they will learn to accept me for their daughter.

Comment

• imhornyimhorny
      imhornyimhorny commented
      Editing a comment
      Or not. Lol. Sometimes, they would keep their beliefs on, and they could disown their own daughter for not heeding their disapproval.

• lovie456
      lovie456 commented
      Editing a comment
      ManlyBeardMan so it that new to you? I don't think so, it usually happens when a man is introduced to his partner's parents. Especially the dad, yep, he's going to seriously look at you even dead in the eye which probably would make you look away in fear, lol. Her parents are really testing you, obviously.

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are such an understanding person, I am sure the girl would be so in love with you. ManlyBeardMan

They disapproved because obviously you did not pass their qualifications. Since you failed already, it is best to breakup with that boyfriend as you would not have a good life if other important people in his life do not want you.

Comment

• merrygoround
      merrygoround commented
      Editing a comment
      Breakup immediately? Would you like to ask why they made a disapproval before deciding to have the breakup?

• Stoneyption
      Stoneyption commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true. If his family does not approve of you being his girlfriend, there's a chance that they will separate the two of you and before that happens, it's better if you should just breakup with him.

• playagame
      playagame commented
      Editing a comment
      You would be with your boyfriend and not with his family who do not want you. Why care for those people who do not want you?

Disappointed and disapproval. Those two words are heartbreaking. For me, I would not insist myself to be liked anymore. But still, I would not break up my boyfriend. We would still be together.

Comment

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I agree, we don't need to push it if we think that we are not meant to be. AlignerAlive

• AlignerAlive
      AlignerAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it's their choice tho. and I won't blame anyone if I will be in that situation. jerda201

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, who am I to blame anyone? AlignerAlive

Well, I don't think that I have a rotten kind of personality, so what gives? Why is it that his parents are a bit too harsh on me? I know that my boyfriend loves me and I haven't done him wrong but is it necessary for his parents to act up like this on me?

Comment

• Carlosa34
      Carlosa34 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm expecting that your parents will act up the same as his parents do to you when you'd introduce him soon. I think it's just that those parents are giving you the fear that you should be careful not hurting their son's feelings, some shit like that.

• MasQue
      MasQue commented
      Editing a comment
      Go ask your boyfriend about it halfSlut23. I think that he has an idea as to why his parents have been acting that way towards you.
Working...
X