Getting old but no kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting old but no kids

You and your partner have been together for few years already. Both of you have reached your past 40 and you still do not have a kid. Both of you already want one. What would you do next?

How about invoking the medical interventions already? There is the IVF treatment which is commonly used by most couples who could not bear children.

Comment

• Yuki23
      Yuki23 commented
      Editing a comment
      If money is not an issue with you, then you could have this one. There are couples who underwent this procedure, and they were blessed with at least a twin.

• PussySlay
      PussySlay commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Yuki23 if my partner and I are financially stable then we might as well consider that one. No problem, and yes, I've always wanted twins, I hope sooner or later I might have kids on my own, preferably twins.

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you could try that kind of treatment. If it fails, then you could have an adoption.

Would you like to adopt a child? Some couples go to that route. It would be less expensive, I think.

Comment

• iwantFWB
      iwantFWB commented
      Editing a comment
      If there's no other way for me and my partner to have kids on our own then maybe we can consider adopting and it wouldn't be that bad, right? Okay, we'd adopt kids and we'll be one happy family.

• Vichie
      Vichie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. This could be done. You could treat your adopted child as your own true child. Sometimes, being a family is not all about blood.

• virgingirl
      virgingirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Adoption is also time-consuming and a bit expensive. If you are sure to go that way, then by any means, you could pursue it.

If I am not yet on menopause, I guess the best thing to do is to keep on trying to have a child. Maybe we can make love every night. In that way, more chance that we'll get pregnant.

Comment

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinkytime yes, and you two shouldn't be too stressed out for trying to make a baby. It might turn out to be more complicated if you two did not consult a doctor for this as well.

• fistingfatties
      fistingfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not do that one. It is best to have a consultation first and follow what the doctor would say.

• Airbind
      Airbind commented
      Editing a comment
      Not every night, but every week. You should have proper rests in between and there should be no stress. Anyway, are there pills to get you pregnant easily?

Well, for me, it is fine to grow old with my partner with no child at all. Sometimes, we just need to accept that there are some couples who could never have a kid.

Comment

• ManlyBeardMan
      ManlyBeardMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Some couples nowadays would prefer not having kids at all. Maybe not everyone is meant to become a parent or is not really into parenthood at all. They're just not into that kind of responsibility and there's nothing wrong with it.

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do I suddenly feel like I'm one of those infertile types of people too? I think it would be okay if I cannot have kids on my own, but will my partner ever accept me for not bearing a kid for him at all? I hope he doesn't leave me because of that reason.

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Why worry when you could not have a child? Sometimes, there are some things which are not meant to be.

Oh no! If the woman already reaches the menopausal stage, they wouldn't be able to have a baby that they can call their own. Of course, there is still another way which is adoption.

Comment

• smoker
      smoker commented
      Editing a comment
      They could still have a child even if the woman has passed its menopausal stage. Let the magic of science takes its course.

• halfSlut23
      halfSlut23 commented
      Editing a comment
      smoker yes, yes. I think that everything would be possible when it comes to science. Ah, all in the name of science, also, consider consulting a doctor about this too.

• CuddlyPac
      CuddlyPac commented
      Editing a comment
      Naturally, you would have a hard time conceiving anymore, but with the help of science, you would have one.

I might steal my nephews and nieces, lol. Nah, I just think that we can still make kids on our own and we can have many ways to make this possible. We all wanted to have kids and family on our own someday.

Comment

• imhornyimhorny
      imhornyimhorny commented
      Editing a comment
      Many ways? Could you state those many ways to have a child?

• merrygoround
      merrygoround commented
      Editing a comment
      How many ways? I could only think of the two common ways to have a child.

• HoneyConey
      HoneyConey commented
      Editing a comment
      What if you find out that you're shooting blanks? Are you still going to try and make it the natural way or not?

I cannot answer this one right now because I think at some point in my life, I've wanted to have kids but right now is not the right time for me. I think I won't reach my 40 before I can actually have kids of my own, of course with my loving partner.

Comment

• ablasta
      ablasta commented
      Editing a comment
      You two shouldn't have waited until you've reached 40 before deciding to finally have kids on your own. It's a bit too late now, don't you think? And you can never go back in time to change what it should've been the time when you and your partner should have kids already.

• lovie456
      lovie456 commented
      Editing a comment
      Since I am not fond of kids, this wouldn't be a problem for me. No wonder my partner and I weren't bothered reaching our 40s and still do not have kids. Life is not just having kids and raising them, sometimes it's best if it were only me and my partner.

I think we should be alarmed at this point, we both wanted kids but why did we come this far when it's all too late? I think we should consider adopting a kid now. I hope that my partner would agree to that idea since it would be more painful and complicated for me to bear kids at this age now.

Comment

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think your partner would like it if you two would plan to adopt kids and raise them. It's something about a man's ego or pride to have a kid of his own flesh. Well, why did it even took so long for you both to suddenly realize that it is time for you two to have kids? Too late, really.

• AlignerAlive
      AlignerAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at Janet. Yes, the Jackson. How old was she when she got pregnant?

Why do you need to have a kid? A kid is not important. You could grow old together and not having a kid at all. There are many couples who are like that.

Comment

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, some couples wish to not have kids and there are some who still wanted to have kids. I think for me, having a kid is okay but not having a kid would be much better for me, since I'm too young to be handling that kind of responsibility.

• KellyEM
      KellyEM commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that having a kid is important because right before you and your partner might perish soon, he or she can have all of your possessions. Am I right? How can you trust other people that are not your actual flesh? Having a kid would be much better to look after those possessions that you and your partner have.

• AirParis
      AirParis commented
      Editing a comment
      KellyEM For couples who do not have kids, they have their last will and testament. Commonly, their possessions would be donated to charities.

If we've been trying to conceive a child yet nothing is happening, I think it is time for us to consult a doctor about our case. Because there's a chance that one of us or maybe, both of us are infertile and unable to conceive a child. The sooner we know about it, the better.

Comment

• AirFeline
      AirFeline commented
      Editing a comment
      When things go wrong which concerns our health then it is better to consult a doctor early (especially when signs and symptoms are already showing) before things get worse.

• HugKenji
      HugKenji commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is best to consult a doctor. If it has been years and no child yet, then something could be wrong on either one of you or both of you.

• TastyLove
      TastyLove commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you going to do if the doctor tells you that it is too late for the both of you to try? Are you going to consider to adopt?

Adoption. Yes, it is time for us to adopt a kid if we'd desperately want to have kids but cannot make one because we've reached our age limit already.

Comment

• MasQue
      MasQue commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess adoption would be nice but you should be happy that you're giving this child a chance to experience what it feels like having a family. I think soon I'd get to adopt kids too, I just feel like they deserve to have a place called home.

• playagame
      playagame commented
      Editing a comment
      There is something that science can still do even if you had reached your age limit. I had seen a senior citizen getting pregnant.

Why not just adopt a kid? I feel that's a better option rather than trying IVF. That is if you don't mind that the kid doesn't share any DNA from the two of you. And besides, there are lot of children who are in orphanages that are waiting for potential parents

Comment

If we're having problems having them the natural way, then we might consider adopting a baby or two

Comment

I think wanting a kid and being ready to have a kid is completely different you
        should think first if you guys are really ready to bear that responsibility because
        having a kid is one big and heavy responsibility

Comment

• StrongAsZeus
          StrongAsZeus commented
          Editing a comment
          Guess you didn't notice the part when she mentioned that the both of you are ready to have one. Which means that they're ready and they're just looking for suggestions as to how to have one. Considering their ages, the girl might have a problem when it comes to conceiving by natural means
      Working...
      X