Was I a good friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I a good friend?

So here's a secret worth sharing, and I wanted to know your thoughts about this.

My bestfriend of five years has a long-term boyfriend and they're still together for years now. Well, there's one time her boyfriend was away and she invited some friends over to her house. I wasn't able to make it because I got caught up with a bunch of paperwork from work. So there they were drinking and one of her friends was her ex. When they all got wasted, all headed home except for this ex who stayed with her. She was so wasted that he insisted to take care of her, after bathing together in the shower, they ended up making out in her bedroom. And yes, they had sex.

She told me not to tell her boyfriend and it will be our little secret. So, was I a good friend for not telling her boyfriend about it? Well, her boyfriend is a good friend of mine as well, but how long should I still keep this as a secret?

I can say yes and no but being a good friend is where you at right now. You're a friend to both parties but you never wish for them to argue about this secret your bestfriend told you. Sooner or later, she'll be able to tell him the truth and you'll just have to wait if they ever split. At least you know what could be the reason why they went on their separate ways, right?

Comment

If you're going to tell her boyfriend the truth about it, you're a good friend to him and a bad friend to her. So, it's your choice if you're going to tell him about it. She's a cheater anyway, it's not good to tolerate cheaters even if they're your friends.

Comment

• SmileDemiSmile
        SmileDemiSmile commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that it is best to keep quiet and let them do all the works. One day, when she is ready to tell the truth to the world, then let her do it herself.

• Rilene90
        Rilene90 commented
        Editing a comment
        He has to choose which side he has to be since he's friends with both of them. It's his choice if he wants to tell it to her bf, but he'll end up losing a bestfriend, but if he chooses to stay quiet then he's just concerned that he might ruin their whole relationship.

So this best friend of yours told her secret to you when no one should have known it, right? Then, be a good friend. Keep your mouth shut. Pretend that you knew nothing and life would go on as usual.

Comment

• lovie456
        lovie456 commented
        Editing a comment
        Since both are his friends, then you are right that he should just keep it to himself. Having to choose between two friends is a difficult task.

• BearMsAlive
        BearMsAlive commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it's best to keep your mouth shut and just move on. Besides, we all have dirty little secrets here, right?

You should tell the truth. Someone must suffer from the consequences of her action. They would gonna split up, for sure.

Comment

• BigDaddy69
        BigDaddy69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, he should tell the truth to her boyfriend, after all, he's good friends to both of them. The guy deserves to know what his girlfriend has been doing when he's not around.

• Kinkytime
        Kinkytime commented
        Editing a comment
        The truth will always come out and it has to. How long can you keep a secret? Even if that secret is just between you and your bestfriend? It will always find a way to come out.

Are you a good friend? Yes, because you kept secret. You promised that you would keep a secret and you must keep that promise. Never destroy the trust that was given to you.

Comment

• hitthesack
        hitthesack commented
        Editing a comment
        But to tolerate a cheater is not a good thing. He might turn out to be the bad friend but it would save the guy from dating a cheater, and that's his bestfriend.

• BuiltToLast
        BuiltToLast commented
        Editing a comment
        If he is a good friend, then he should consider advising her to tell the truth. Or he should've told her to dump her current bf and she should get back with her ex. Well, she can easily date her ex since they still have feelings for each other, right?

• AudreyA
        AudreyA commented
        Editing a comment
        BuiltToLast I don't know if its still love between the girl and her ex, Judging from it I think its pre-planned already that they are going to make out because they miss each other it's not love its lust lol

You should keep the secret to yourself for as long as needed. You are still a good friend. But, wait, you have already told this secret on this forum. lol.

Comment

• youngsterme
        youngsterme commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't you think that he should tell him the truth about it? Yes, he has told us here about the secret but not all secrets should be kept, especially if it's about cheating.

If you're feeling guilty because you're not telling that encounter to her boyfriend, might as well tell your friend that she needs to tell him about that encounter or else you might end up telling him about that because you're feeling guilty about knowing that

Comment

• hardandrough
        hardandrough commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you on that one. It sounds like that secret is killing him already

Think of it this way. You're being a good friend towards your best friend for protecting her, but you're being a bad one towards her boyfriend. So it's up to you if you're going to tell it to the guy or not

Comment

Working...
      X