Meeting the parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting the parents

Someone I know has been on a date with someone recently and she told me that something totally unexpected happened. As she narrated, after they ate at a restaurant, she thought that he would just drive her home but then to her surprise, the guy took her to his house to meet his parents. She was so surprised because that was only their first date and the guy didn't mention that he has a plan like that. She said that she was so embarrassed that time and it was so awkward. What can you say about this? Is it okay to meet the parents during the first date?

It's definitely not okay for me. Because I am uninformed about it, I didn't prepare myself. If I was informed, of course, I would wear something nice and would try to look more attractive.

Comment

• BigDaddy69
      BigDaddy69 commented
      Editing a comment
      So, do you consider that meeting his parents is a nice think to do on a first date? How are you so sure about him that you've already met his parents in such short notice?

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      truelove Well, he should've at least told you about that before he even introduced you to his parents. Is he really sure about you as well? I think that your date with him has come way too fast.

I think meeting someone's parents is a serious thing, so if he introduces me to his parents then I guess we're having a serious thing already. I can consider my first date to be like this, at least his parents are aware that he's already dating me, that I am his pretty girlfriend, lol.
    Last edited by holleroutyo; 12-13-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's so sweet when a guy introduces you to his parents. Yes, it means he wants you to become a part of his life already and what else can I say? He sees you already in his future. Ahh, so sweet!

• BugAlive
      BugAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      A man rarely takes you to his home and lets you meet his parents and if that ever happens then it's official. You're part of their family and you should be serious about him as well.

• SmgSpuffy
      SmgSpuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      What? You just had your first date and suddenly you had become his pretty girlfriend already? That was too soon.

Oh no, that's happening way too fast! Maybe next date would conside having a fancy date with his parents as well. I'd feel like I need to runaway because I'm not yet ready to face his parents like that!

Comment

• BabyUni
      BabyUni commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you saying that you're not planning to date him seriously? Because it looks like he's serious already and wants to make it official, which is why he considered introducing you to his parents already.

• CupcakeTasty
      CupcakeTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      BabyUni, but it's a little to early for him to do that don't you think? And it's rude of him not to tell her about his whole plan, which is introducing her to his parents on the first date.

Meet the parents on the first date? Who in the right mind would do something like that? I can't think of any reason why the guy did that but it's not okay for me.

Comment

• AnnieP
      AnnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      A guy who will do that is someone who is controlling and manipulative. I do think that he did it on purpose in order for him to make the girl connected to his family as early as their first date. I won't like it if my date pulled a stunt like that to me.

• Tastyblic
      Tastyblic commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not okay for me, too. What was he thinking? Was he nuts or something?

I think the guy just wants to impress the girl through that action. And I think he wants to tell her that she is so worthy up to the point that he already introduced her to his parents.

Comment

• Lucricia17
      Lucricia17 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right about that but I also think the reason that he wants her to feel worthy is so that she'll trust him and in that way, she'll agree to have sex with him later on.

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      AnneCubix but it's all happening way too fast, don't you think? I won't let a man introduce me to his parents during our first date, I barely even know him that well, so what could have been more if I'm facing both of his parents.

• yumyum
      yumyum commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would he introduce a girl whom he had just had a first date? It is unnecessary at all.

What a nice move! If I were in the position of the girl, I will be touched by that sweet action. Letting me meet his parents symbolizes that he's open and willing to take our relationship in a higher level.

Comment

• badbadboys
      badbadboys commented
      Editing a comment
      And I guess that he's already sure of you. He's been planning it the whole time, letting you meet his parents means you two are official already.

• bemine
      bemine commented
      Editing a comment
      AliveLivery it is really touching but don't you think that's it a little too early for that? I mean they could've at least waited for the 5th dates at the very least.

Based on the story, I do think that the guy would want to pressure the girl into making her stay connected with him. Because meeting the parents is such an honorable thing and there is a tendency that the parents will ask the girl to meet with them again and the girl can't do anything but to agree. In that way, the girl might be trapped with that guy.

Comment

• XperiencedVirgin
      XperiencedVirgin commented
      Editing a comment
      It's pressuring, don't you think? I wouldn't want to be put into that exact same situation as her friend but luckily, I haven't been and I hope I never will. It's sad that she wasn't informed about the formal meeting with his parents, it just happens oh so suddenly.

• StrongAsZeus
      StrongAsZeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Is he in his right mind to be doing that? I mean, his parents should be aware of that that he barely even know her so, why would they agree in meeting his so-called 'girlfriend'?

No! That should not be done at all. Hello, if I were the girl, why would I go with him to meet his parents? He does not even know if I would accept to have a second date with him.

Comment

• BiancaG
      BiancaG commented
      Editing a comment
      He should've at least done that if you two are already together, right? That's really pressuring to your part and I don't think you're ready to be his girlfriend yet.

• SimplyAlisha
      SimplyAlisha commented
      Editing a comment
      So, if a guy did that to you. Would you allow to have a second date with him?

I won't agree to meet his parents. Duh! Why will I? Am I his girlfriend already? There is no reason to meet them. I would just be stressed out.

Comment

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      You should make a run for it while you still can, he must be obsessed with you already and that's a red flag already!

• TastyLove
      TastyLove commented
      Editing a comment
      I also would not want to meet his parents. It looks like we are already lovers which we are not.

If he did it, then I would shake their hands and be pretty warm around them. I would smile like crazy. I would be comfortable with them and before I leave them, I would ask them if they would like me to be their son's girlfriend. He shocked me, so I would also shock him.

Comment

• honesty101
      honesty101 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that they'd be surprised too. You seem to be a confident woman to be asking them politely to be his girlfriend. I think your 'boyfriend' would be smiling like crazy knowing that you really want to be his girlfriend.

Wait! Why did you join him to their place? I guess that you went with him as you were expected to be laid down. Little did you know that he had another plan and that left you off guarded to your dismay and horror.

Comment

• AirParis
      AirParis commented
      Editing a comment
      MEETING THE PARENTS, in such short notice. Wow, that's extremely awkward and I couldn't imagine myself being stuck in that situation.

• Shane77
      Shane77 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a trap! I thought that he's planning to fuck her in his room but SURPRISE! As they reach the living room, his parents are on the couch waiting for you two.
Working...
X