Piece of advice for keeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piece of advice for keeps

When I was with my Ex every time I'm bringing up breaking up with him he always tells me that he will commit suicide, it made me afraid of doing so. I feel like it would be my fault if in case he would do that. One of my friends told me that if he wanted to do that to himself I should be out of that because It's their personal choice. So far that's one of the best advice I got from a friend, how about you, w

What was your reason why you wanted to end things with him already? If the reason is because of his attempts of ending his life, you should have told him or his family that he needs to see a psychiatrist and that you're willing to be with him as long as he seeks treatment

Comment

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      He gets upsets easily, and when he's like that it gets me really nervous, especially when he raises his voice at me. He gets jealous of some petty things and gets paranoid when he sees me texting, even he knows the passcode of my phone and I don't even delete the conversations on my phone.

• merrygoround
      merrygoround commented
      Editing a comment
      That is so possessive of him to do, I'm hoping that he openly seek mental help. Did he?

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have any update about him, hoping that he is well though.

Always make sure that you have a few bottles or cans of beer, or a bottle of liquor in your place. You can never tell when you would suddenly need a drink

Comment

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      So how many bottles do you keep at the moment?

When it comes to decision making, always make sure that your decision is based in logic and not emotions

Comment

• holleroutyo
      holleroutyo commented
      Editing a comment
      no argument from me here,

• halfSlut23
      halfSlut23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would be surprised if you would argue with yourself about this one lol holleroutyo

• holleroutyo
      holleroutyo commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes though I argue with my self. Lol

I think it's best if you try to talk to his family, tell them the reason why you want to break up with him. Tell them also that he keeps on telling you that he'll commit a suicide if you do so, it would be nice if you talk to them with your parents by your side.

Comment

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think this will work? I really don't know if he's bluffing me or he's going to do it for real. Because he has a history of depression and being suicidal.

• inertia
      inertia commented
      Editing a comment
      talk to his family, that's the best advice I've seen

• CuddlyPac
      CuddlyPac commented
      Editing a comment
      This would not only help you but also would help him also. He might need a psychiatrist to deal with his depression.

If you and your partner are living together, don't end your day or evening with an argument. If you ever have one, make sure that it is already resolved before going to sleep

Comment

• holleroutyo
      holleroutyo commented
      Editing a comment
      This is totally true.

• Lookingforlovin
      Lookingforlovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is that's because there are consequences when couples sleep angry at each other.

Don't eat yellow snow was the advice that I still follow up to this day lol

Comment

• BuiltToLast
      BuiltToLast commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to know that I'm not the only one who follows this advice lol

If you are in an argument with another person, always try to see where the other person is coming from also so that you can explain to him or her your stand

Comment

It is okay to end friendships if the person is starting to be more of a burden in your life

Comment

• PieFlavor
        PieFlavor commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you ended some friendships before?

• BigDaddy69
        BigDaddy69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've ended some friendships before and I don't regret it.

"What doesn't kill you, would make you strong" is the one that has always been stuck with me

Comment

• 1xz9
        1xz9 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard that somewhere. Lol

• fistingfatties
        fistingfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, there were some songs with that lyrics.

A friend told me that I should value my self so others would follow. I started doing that and I became happier.

Comment

• hardandrough
        hardandrough commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like this is related to relationships, am I right?

• yumyum
        yumyum commented
        Editing a comment
        hardandrough Amazing! How did you know that? Are you a mind reader or something? Lol

• hardandrough
        hardandrough commented
        Editing a comment
        yumyum Maybe you could say that. Lol

I'm still struggling to be positive all the time I'm still working on it though. I consider that as one great advice I've received.

Comment

• 1xz9
        1xz9 commented
        Editing a comment
        What advice do you mean?

• uninvoked
        uninvoked commented
        Editing a comment
        1xz9 that to always stay positive at all times

One piece of advice I can't forget is "You get what you tolerate". In so many scenarios this is so right.

Comment

• 1xz9
        1xz9 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would agree. That's applicable in many situations.

• imhornyimhorny
        imhornyimhorny commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you dumped the guy already or still looking for the right timing for it?

I was focusing the the fact that you ex is such a toxic person, I hate those kind of men. The greatest advice someone told me is to develop my skills, so every now and then I look for something to learn.

Comment

• Kinkytime
        Kinkytime commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree with you. As long as possible she need to avoid people like her Ex.

• HoneySpyder
        HoneySpyder commented
        Editing a comment
        This kind of exes are very stressful to deal with, better to ignore them and move on with your life.

• hardandrough
        hardandrough commented
        Editing a comment
        HoneySpyder Yes, I am wiser now.

Honey, if you think you're relationship is not working already you better let go, if he commits suicide it's his problem not yours. Don't let others dictate for you, do what your heart tells you and what your brains screams to you. But, better yet, you must make sure that you've talk to this person personally try to sort things out but if it's a no more just let it go, let him kill himself at the end of the day it's his lost not yours.

Comment

• Cupcakeri
        Cupcakeri commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know that you're in the same side as me on this one

• BeautifulCupful
        BeautifulCupful commented
        Editing a comment
        I do agree with you, I think that he is only using this "committing suicide" reason to get control of her so that she will not leave him.

• Cupcakeri
        Cupcakeri commented
        Editing a comment
        I know right some people would just say that so they can take control of the relationship and that's when it becomes so toxic.
    Working...
    X