Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like I'll never get a date, halp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I'll never get a date, halp!

Hey... I've been reading in the forums here for a while but never really said anything but I figured I'd take the leap. Here goes... So, I'm 26 and I live in Milwaukee. Other than some lameo playdates when I was a kid and grade school "hangouts," I've never been on a proper date before. I try really hard to connect with women but it is hard! My job is in tech and there aren't really any coworkers I can connect with. I also don't go out a lot. Maybe that's the problem? I joined this site because I was hoping it would help jump-start my chances of meeting with people. Am I a lost cause? Is there anything else I can do to help make me more appealing to the opposite sex? I think I have a lot to offer and I'm a very nice guy! I'm not particularly looking for something serious. I just want to get out there and meet people and maybe even have some fun. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Hey man, I know how you feel. I was in a similar boat when I was 26, like 10 years ago. It's also embarssing sometimes to ask for help because you can feel like a loser. At least, I know I did! I live in Fort Lauderdale now but at the time I was in a much smaller town in Florida. I dunno what Milwaukee is like size-wize but maybe you could move? Otherwise, just stay strong, stay patient, and stay humble.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. Milwaukee is a pretty good sized city. I don't even have the excuse of living in a small small town on my side, ugh. Did you do anything specific to start getting out there?

Comment

Hey man, no worries no worries. And you know, people living in the largest of large cities can still have difficulty meeting people. But at least there is potential and possibility! Honestly, I tried to stop worrying a lot about it and I focused on me. I started some new routines, joined a gym, joined a few clubs. I also joined a site like this and it was a game changer, trust. How long have you been on here for?

Comment

Hi again, thanks for the second reply. That is a good point about the city size. Sometimes I feel like a much larger city would be helpful but it could likely be the same or worse. Who knows! Those are all great bits of advice. I, admittedly, am not part of any sort of gym but I probably should join. I can see the value in focusing on myself. That is a very attractive quality, isn't it? Self confidence. I've been on this site for a month now.

Comment

Hey dude-----only a month?? Oh, don't you worry at all! That's hardly any time. Give it some time my man.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hey sweetie! This other guy had some great advice and I just wanted to chime in and say what you definitely don't want to hear: give it time! there's always this feeling that if you don't do this or that by a certain time (and always by your late teens, of course), that you are a failure or not successful. This is just not true! I didn't start dating until I was in my late twenties. It was not by choice and I was frustrated at the time but looking back it was a good path I went down. And you'll find someone to connect with on this site soon! That's why I love it so much. xxxx

Comment

Thank you, Mona! I really appreciate having a woman's perspective. Any chance you want to move to Milwaukee? Hehe.

Comment

Working...
                  X