Is it advisable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it advisable?

My sister is in college already and she told me that there is this guy who wants to date her. She asked me what I can say about it and if it is advisable. I don't know what to say because I didn't try dating in college. So to people who tried dating in college, is it advisable? What can you give as an advice to my sister?

I am already dating someone as early as high school, so what I can suggest to your sister is that she should know her priorities. Even though she has a boyfriend, tell her that her academics shouldn't be forgotten.

Comment

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      Or she could focus on her boyfriend and be merry for now. How about that? Lol.

• AnnieP
      AnnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      Best answer! Since you haven't tried dating in college what you can give to your sister is some enlightenment and guidance regarding prioritizing. Tell her that dating shouldn't be her top priority in college.

Wait, you didn't try dating in college? How was that possible? Anyway, you can tell your sister to use protection at all times in order for her not to get pregnant or catch some disease.

Comment

• truelove
      truelove commented
      Editing a comment
      I think she didn't try to dating in college because their parents are strict. She must have been focused on her academics. That's why I think you should tell your sister that she should wait after college before she dates someone.

• BugAlive
      BugAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      She should be careful in so many ways when it comes to dating gin college. Those college guys think they know better, they're still young and immature so she better watch her heart because those college guys can sometimes be really tough to handle.

• Tastyblic
      Tastyblic commented
      Editing a comment
      She should know that she could catch some diseases if she was not careful. Those things were thought in school.

What? No date in college? I bet you did not have dates in high school either. If those were the cases, then I could say that you had boring schooldays.
    Going back to your query, of course it is advisable to have dates while in college. Why, when do you plan to have dates?

Comment

• Yuki23
      Yuki23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just because she did not date in highschool doesn't mean that she's boring or lame. I mean, wow, you sound so mean right there!

• Lucricia17
      Lucricia17 commented
      Editing a comment
      No dates in college doesn't necessarily mean that she's boring. That just means that she doesn't know how to multitask. Anyway, dating in college can mean that you are risking your academics.

It is very much advisable although she should have done it when she was in her senior high school years. Dating while in high school is funner than dating in college.

Comment

• holleroutyo
      holleroutyo commented
      Editing a comment
      I think college dating is much more fun, imagine spring breaks and more parties going around. So, it's fun than being in highschool and I think college dudes know their shit than they were back in highschool.

• CupcakeTasty
      CupcakeTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      You're wrong, rockmybedpls. It doesn't matter if it's senior high school, middle school, high school, or college that makes a date fun. What matters is that both of you are comfortable with each other, right?

Dating is advisable if your sister has time management skills. Because in that way, your sister will have an outstanding academics as well as a blooming love life.

Comment

• SimplyAlisha
      SimplyAlisha commented
      Editing a comment
      She should have the time management skills in order juggle with her studies and dating. Of course, she should not forget that she needs to be always flirty.

• XtineA
      XtineA commented
      Editing a comment
      Annalyn Yeah, unlike me, my college life was boring.

• Annalyn
      Annalyn commented
      Editing a comment
      Honey you're in control of your life. Don't focus on books too much and try to enjoy other things. XtineA

Dating in college is okay and advisable for me as long as your sister knows her limitations in everything. Tell your sister that getting pregnant is not something to be prioritized because she is still young and still studying.

Comment

• BabyUni
      BabyUni commented
      Editing a comment
      It's okay for her to try dating in college and yes, she must know her limits and she'll be good to go. As long as her main priority is her studies, at least she gets a little inspiration from her boyfriend, right?

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      virgingirl Let her sister do whatever she wants. Let her experience dating, college and life in general. Whatever happens, or whatever consequences it may be, they should prepare for the worse right? It's the least they could do.

What I can give as an advice to your sister is that she should be cautious and she shouldn't give her full trust to that guy. Tell her that she should get to know him more first before anything else.

Comment

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      everyone gets dumped for various reasons anyway badbadboys why won't she just hook up with hot University guys for the fun! for sure it will make her college much exciting. BUt it's pandemic still so she should hold on until everyone get back to school. There will be a lot of horny guys for sure.

• badbadboys
      badbadboys commented
      Editing a comment
      We should stop that for now. It's kinda dangerous. longneck

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I think so. badbadboys

Totally advisable. But don't forget that every choice that we make has its consequences. So tell your sister to get ready of the consequences that she might encounter because of dating in college.

Comment

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      VanVan01 Then she should advise her little sister to use protection before anything else. It's better to be safe than sorry and also, she should focus on her studies, college boys are everywhere.

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Danica505 Yeah right! HoneyConey you should teach you sister a proper sex education also.

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      VanVan01 We know that teens are pretty active on sex. so it's better if they use birth control.

For me, it's only advisable if your sister doesn't have any problems on her academics. Meaning, if she is doing well and not flunking any subject. Because if she has a problem on her academics, she should focus on fixing those problems first rather than try dating.

Comment

• XperiencedVirgin
      XperiencedVirgin commented
      Editing a comment
      So, if she's doing great with her studies, then she can go out and try dating? Sounds fair to me, well, I hope she would be able to balance those things at once, and remember, academics is the main priority.

• playagame
      playagame commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I know some women who prioritized their dating despite having difficulties with their studies.

Why don't I believe you when you said that you didn't try dating when you were in college? Lol anyway, tell her to be careful at all times and do not do anything that she doesn't want to do with that guy.

Comment

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll never be so sure if her sister have other things in mind. They're sisters, yes, but they both think differently so I don't think that she'll be heeding any advice because she think she knows what she's doing.

• bemine
      bemine commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with hitthesack that even if her sister heeds her advice, there will be such time that her decisions might be different as she expects it to be. Meaning, she might disobey her sister because she is free to decide whatever she wants, right?

It is not advisable to date while in college. Do you want her studies to suffer? If yes, then go on and date all the men whom she likes to date.

Comment

• BiancaG
      BiancaG commented
      Editing a comment
      That's silly! I don't think her sister is that stupid to let boys ruin her education, I'm sure that she can handle both things well, besides, she's only going to try it, right? As they say, there's no harm in trying.

She is already old, so she needed to have dates. You must encourage her to do all those dating stuffs while she is still young.

Comment

• StrongAsZeus
      StrongAsZeus commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the way to go! But I hope she would be more careful and she will never do the same mistakes as her older sister could have experienced. Lol, kidding!

If she is just a freshman, then she should be dating the most. Well, I presumed that she was a freshman as she would not ask you if she was already a senior student.

Comment

• AirParis
      AirParis commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, during freshmen years, you don't usually get to do much, so you get all the time that you need. It's like making adjustments before hell semester will mess you up.

If she like the guy, I mean if she already knew him, you should encourage her to date with him, and she is old enough what is wrong and right.

Comment

Working...
    X