The shy boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shy boy

My friend is a bit shy and awkward when it comes to girls, he always worries about them not
    liking him right away because he feels he is not good enough and that he looks ugly
    what should I do to help him get a girl himself?

My advice is that let him practice on online dating apps so that he can improve his social skills little by little until he can handle the pressure of going on a live date by himself or be the third wheel and guide him but be sure not to ruin the date for him for overstepping the date.

Comment

• XperiencedVirgin
      XperiencedVirgin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, being a thirdwheel would be a nice idea. In that way, he would be able to learn new ideas here and there.

• Tastyblic
      Tastyblic commented
      Editing a comment
      But with online dating, you would still have to meet the actual person! So, how does he make it?

Well, for him to get girls he needs to fight and conquer his awkwardness and shyness, by doing this he can have a higher chance of talking to a girl, I suggest he should go out and make more friends this can train him in speaking with strangers and will boost his confidence so once he has the courage to talk to strangers he will be able to talk to ladies easily.

Comment

• XtineA
      XtineA commented
      Editing a comment
      Your advice for him is actually easier said than done. Also making it sound like that's something that you can overcome in a snap of a finger

Then he should just give up in finding a girlfriend if he can't pick himself up how can you expect him to pick up girls, I think he should just stay alone and live an honest life living with dogs or cats, at least he won't need to talk to them since they will have no choice but to follow him, I am sure that's a better option for your friend.

Comment

• Divina009
      Divina009 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure that he would consider you as his friend if that's the advice that you're going to tell him. And I'm not sure you're to find people to be friends with for being that blunt

First of all, this friend of yours lacks self-confidence. So, how the hell would it be possible for him to get all the ladies if he thinks and acts like a loser himself? He's worrisome too, is he having anxiety? Nah, that won't help him put himself out there and start impressing other people if he always looks down on himself like that.

Comment

Try to find out the reason why he's acts or thinks this way towards women? Because people have different reasons as to why they act that way. I would suggest to try and boost his self-esteem

Comment

• ablasta
        ablasta commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Everyone is unique in their own way. When the time comes he will also be able to meet someone who would like him the way he is.

Why not go to places that will force him to talk to women. Because doing that often would make him more comfortable being with them which will help boost his self esteem

Comment

Originally posted by MasQue View Post
        Why not go to places that will force him to talk to women. Because doing that often would make him more comfortable being with them which will help boost his self esteem
        Also he might need some courage potion (booze) in order for him to be able to talk to ladies that you're going to introduce to him

Comment

• Airbind
          Airbind commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I do not think that it is a good idea that someone is a bit tipsy whenever that person would talk to the ladies.

When I was reading the topic, it made me picture Raj from The Big Bang Theory during the first few seasons. Where he would often keep quiet whenever Penny is hanging out with them

Comment

Why not act like a true friend for him and be his wingman the next time that two of you go out for drinks. So that he can have a basic idea on how to talk to girls properly and get tips from you

Comment

Tell your friend to signup here so that he can practice chatting with the other ladies here

Comment

• hitthesack
              hitthesack commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm guessing that you're the first one who's going to chat with his friend?

• uninvoked
              uninvoked commented
              Editing a comment
              That's brilliant He can register here being shy maybe but he'll be out there with confidence in no time at all!

Originally posted by AnnieP View Post
            Why not act like a true friend for him and be his wingman the next time that two of you go out for drinks. So that he can have a basic idea on how to talk to girls properly and get tips from you
            Would suggest that the two of you try this the next time you go out

Comment

• J3nnyTalia
              J3nnyTalia commented
              Editing a comment
              Doing a thing without a practice? That is a dangerous act. He might get rejected multiple times, and that could crush him even more.

Why not try and boost his self-esteem if he feels that his ugly and not good enough to go out with

Comment

• fistingfatties
              fistingfatties commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you boost his self-esteem? Are there some activities that he needs to undergo?

He thinks that he is ugly. Okay, my question is: "Is he really ugly?" If you can confirm that he is, then his worries are legitimate. Otherwise, he is just afraid to show himself to the world. So what can you do? Try to be more social and why not try those dating apps? I could say that he needs to try using those apps and see what would happen next.

Comment

Does he really look ugly? If that is the case, then he has a problem. I know that almost all women like to have handsome men as their boyfriends. How about making a transformation first?

Comment

• Aglowwo
                Aglowwo commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes! Ugliness can take away someone's self-esteem. Of course, nobody wants to be ugly. It is like a curse that people would not want to acquire. LOL.

• Lucricia17
                Lucricia17 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think he is not ugly he is just shy, that's why girls don't talk to him that much.
            Working...
            X