How To Have A Successful First Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Have A Successful First Date

The title of the topic says it all. So feel free to put your tips that you know here and take note of the ones that you haven't heard for before and apply them once we're allowed to mingle with each other again.

I think we should avoid generic compliments and be creative and add humor to what you're saying and don't stress it out, look cool and do it for fun.

Comment

• Tastyblic
      Tastyblic commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not funny enough so I will stick with generic compliments which are not a big deal.

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      PieFlavor I agree! We should be creative with other things so that it will look fun.

• jennica12
      jennica12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that makes sense. and we should talk about some interesting topics right? PieFlavor

If you're the type who's a bit talkative, why not try and let your date take charge of the conversation. Because talking too much might make him/her might make your date enter a trance and start to pretend that they're listening to you.

Comment

• Cupcakesi
      Cupcakesi commented
      Editing a comment
      It can work but if he's having a problem talking and thinking what to say perhaps we could use a bit of our talkative side to guide the flow of the conversation.

I know that most of the time we (ladies) tend to expect too much from our dates. I think that it is about time that we should also step up and don't act snotty or an overprivileged brat. It is okay to act demure and the like, but don't over do it.

Comment

• playagame
      playagame commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I've been doing this one and I often act like a virgin when I'm with them.

I think we should not necessarily shy away from complicated and taboo topics like talking about politics and religion on the first date but isn't it better to know right away if your beliefs don't align?

Comment

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you're right, but people nowadays are into politics.

• BearMsAlive
      BearMsAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, being too shy can be boring. Your date might find you boring if you just keep quiet. squirrellove

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      BearMsAlive Yeah right, why just can't we talk nonsense topics to avoid the awkwardness right?

If you're the type who's a bit blunt try and lessen it also don't expect that things would go smoothly during the date.

Comment

• TroveLove
      TroveLove commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you the type of person who tell it as it is that's why you're suggesting them to try and lessen it?

• Lookingforlovin
      Lookingforlovin commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of being blunt are we talking about here? Are you talking about giving comments to your date on how he looks like and giving opinions on almost everything?

Don't try spend the entire evening talking about yourself. Learn to read a person based on his facial reactions or gestures. He might be quietly nodding to your stories but deep inside he wants to end the date already.

Comment

• CupcakeTea
      CupcakeTea commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate the feeling when someone talks about his entire biography during dates and it feels like an interview.

• youngsterme
      youngsterme commented
      Editing a comment
      I think if someone wants to talk about him/herself the entire day then he/she needs to do a powerpoint presentation of it.

• hardandrough
      hardandrough commented
      Editing a comment
      What advice you can give if it is the other way around? It's your date who's the one who's talking non-stop?

Why not tell your date beforehand the things that you might do during the date so that he/she wouldn't be shocked or surprised by it. Like telling him that you eat a lot even if you have a small/petite body type, or you curse like a sailor when you're telling stories, etc...

Comment

• Lingtote
      Lingtote commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're not going to feel bad for yourself if he decides to leave because of the warning that you just told him?

• bubblebutt6969
      bubblebutt6969 commented
      Editing a comment
      So it's best if you've given your date a heads up so he will not be surprised.

Maybe don't think of having sex immediately on your first date and focus on the basic ones. I think you need to keep it the conversation clean first so it will not be awkward. Don't be a bitch and don't act like one.

Comment

• BabyBabu
      BabyBabu commented
      Editing a comment
      Why? Is he really bad? Lilliah

• Yuki23
      Yuki23 commented
      Editing a comment
      BabyBabu I know right, I have a sexy body after all.

• Lilliah
      Lilliah commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah kind of. BabyBabu

Comment

• iwantFWB
      iwantFWB commented
      Editing a comment
      lover404 Our date would be disappointed if we keep our eyes to our phones, and besides it's disrespectful.

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should exercise too if you are bored. AnnieP

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right, we should do some interesting things or even nonsense stuff. iwantFWB

If you're the type who uses dating apps. You have to make sure that you don't use photos that are obviously photoshopped and be honest on what you write on your profile.

Comment

• holleroutyo
      holleroutyo commented
      Editing a comment
      You should include the ones who would post of pictures of themselves that were taken a decade ago.

• Kinkytime
      Kinkytime commented
      Editing a comment
      holleroutyo yes. that is so annoying sometimes, well except when there faces don't change at all lol

• Lucricia17
      Lucricia17 commented
      Editing a comment
      1xz9 Yeah, like those make up filters, Idk why I hate that.

I think it will be more fun if we won't stick in one place and we should jump places from one after another but be sure to bring plenty of cash with you if you are planning to spend the day with so many activities you can think of doing.

Comment

• VickyMae55
      VickyMae55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this one but sometimes they just invite me over dinner and the only thing we could do after eating is to go to a club and drink.

• imhornyimhorny
      imhornyimhorny commented
      Editing a comment
      How many places are you talking about here? I think that three different places would be enough already for a date.

Try to find out immediately the things that you both enjoy doing and just talk about them. Also try to make fun of yourself from time to time in order to keep things light.

Comment

• Janbaby
      Janbaby commented
      Editing a comment
      What if they don't have anything in common? What will you suggest that they talk about?

• SmileDemiSmile
      SmileDemiSmile commented
      Editing a comment
      Dates should always be fun and we should stop being serious and be funny for a while.

If you're going to have the date at a restaurant, I would suggest to know what kind of food they usually serve so that it will not take you a long time to choose which one food you're going to order.

Comment

• J3nnyTalia
      J3nnyTalia commented
      Editing a comment
      Or just go to one of your favorite restaurants so that you can just order your favorites.

• inertia
      inertia commented
      Editing a comment
      J3nnyTalia yes. less hustle more cuddle

• MasQue
      MasQue commented
      Editing a comment
      What if your date is allergic to the food that will not take you a long time. He should be careful to that right?

Maybe have a backup plan in case your date is becoming a disaster or starting to fall down and think of something else to do if you are not a charismatic person.

Comment

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think everything will work and expect that they won't bring you to an arcade or men's stuff or it will be a nightmare for me.

• KellyEM
      KellyEM commented
      Editing a comment
      I do agree with coming up with a plan to do something else and it should be fun for both of you.

• Marphy
      Marphy commented
      Editing a comment
      You should know his interest first before you start inviting him to a specific place ladies.
Working...
X