Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your tips on making it clear it's just for fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your tips on making it clear it's just for fun!

I know this site is mostly for hookups and stuff and generally everyone here is looking for something casual. howver, for other kinds of hookups or dating in general, how can I let the girl know that I really wanna keep it fun? Are there specific things I should say or specific ways to act? I don't mind being up front and direct. But seriously, I'm young and just wanna date around and don't want anything serious.

Hey sweetie, just exactly what you said is perfect! That you're looking for fun and want to keep everything causal right now. Women appreciate honesty. At least I know I do! And generally speaking more and more people out there are wanting to keep things causal; serious relelationships aren't the status quo like they were 50 years ago. Be honest and up front. Also don't do anything to lead her on or confuse her. Set up boundaries!

Comment

Yup, I agree with babydoll! Be hones and up front. Also meeting people in specific ways helps. Like dating sites or more causal pickups, generally the women are out doing the same thing and don't have any expectations. Also, here's something I learned the hard way: limit your time. You may get on with someone real well and want to spend a lot of time with them. But if you do that, even if you don't mean for anything serious to happen, feelings can develop and a relationship can build. Whether or not I have multiple things on the go, I try to limit my hookups to once or twice a week with the same guy.

Comment

Jess knows what shes talking about! Also gotta say that the type of stuff you are doing together can have a big impact. like say you're verbally keeping it casual but you also invite her to hang with your friends or even set up a date on a speical occasion. that can be confusing! even if I go itno something knowing its for fun, if he's always inviting me to chill with his good friends or whatever, that just gets unfair. I mean I guess an iron-hearted person could go hang iwth a dude' family and not feel anything but i kno i couldn't! its hard to stop or separate feelings

Comment

When I was going through my phase of casual relationships, I limited contact, tried not to give gifts or do anything too relationshipy, and I usually kept them separated from my pool of friends. Gabby is right: some people are totally fine and could bond with you on an emoitional or friendship level and insert themselves into your life and not start to feel a relationship growing but that is pretty rare.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, guys and ladies! Super apreciate the insight. Gonna be upfront, clear, and keep 'em at a distance.

Comment

Working...
            X