Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell if someone is maybe getting too close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell if someone is maybe getting too close?

I met this girl at a party and we exchanged numbers. We were a little drunk that night and all we did was makeout. Didn't really get to talking. Realizing now she's fairly...new to dating and stuff and I am getting worried that she took our makeout and number exchange a little too seriously. she's very sweet and we had a good time and I kinda want to try and make it work? I also feel like maybe I should totally drop it. She's been texting me a lot and mentioned that her birthday is next month and I am trying really hard to pump the brakes but I she doesn't seem to be listening.

dudue....run away. run away

Comment

You're pretty young too, my man, for wanting something super casual. But I get that. I'm sure she's a super nice girl but it does sound like she is looking for a relationship. You need to listen to those signs. Listen good, my man. She will likely always read into it differently. It is not worth it. Only troubles will come to you in the end. PEACE

Comment

What a shit situation to be in. And I have definitely been THAT girl when I was younger. It can be hard to be casual when you're that age. Especially if she's more inexperienced. I can almost guarantee if you try to persue something, she will assume it is serious and dive right in. And then it will be way worse to break it off. Break it off now before anyone gets hurt. At least you got a makeout session out of it, haha.

Comment

Part of me says that you should at least try to get to know her because who knows, maybe YOU'LL end up wanting a relationshp too. But also, nah. Not worth it. You know what you want now and it's pretty clear shes on a totally different page.

Comment

she sounds like a sweet angel but that is not what u want right now. let her go.

Comment

I did this when I was younger, except entirely less selfaware than you (I didn't have a message board to bounce ideas off of). I ignored all of her signals and assumed she would get on the same page and she never did. I ended up totally breaking her heart. She was a very sweet girl and we had a horrible end and never talked again. If only I knew then what I know now.

Comment

Sigh, okay. Yeah I guess I know what I need to do. And I do really need to keep things casual in my life right now because I have school and other shit going down. I guess it's time to let her down easy. and see what happens. I'll keep ya posted!

Comment

Eeep, good luck!

Comment

Well, that wasn't so bad. I think once I made it clear that I wasn't playing hard to get and it was either nothing or just casual, she realized I was being serious. She was a bit upset and I told her I was sorry she felt that way but we did have a nice time at the party. She agreed. I think she's still made but oh well!

Comment

Well that's good! This early on, she doesn't have a lot to be angry about, or even feel. She hardly knows you after all! That's why it's better now than later on.

Comment

Glad it all worked out, my man. PEACE

Comment

Working...
                        X