Omgggggg, this is the most hilarious hookup story ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omgggggg, this is the most hilarious hookup story ever

Have I got a good story for all of you. Ready for it? Listen up! So last night I'm all set to go on this date. We connected via friends and were just texting. I'm not a big FB user and hadn't lurked him that much. And I was pretty sure I remembered what he looked like because each of our crews had a little bit of overlapp so I knew I'd seen him at parties and stuff before. So last night is the night. I get to the bar and I am looking around for the guy. I can't see him anywhere. Maybe he's late whatever. That's fine. While I'm waiting, I run into someone I know. It's this friend of my little bro. He comes up and starts talking to me. He's acting very friendly and I haven't seen this kid in a few years. I have no clue why he's being so friendly and it's annoying me. I'm waiting for this other guy to show up! I'm trying to find a nice way to tell him and then the wait comes over and says his name and that our table is ready. Wait, our table? Wait, what was his name? Holy shit this is the guy I was chatting with. Charles was the name my friend gave me and what the waiter called him. Except he was always Chuck to my bro and it never clicked that that was short for Charles. Holllllyyyy I was pretty close to saying something super embarassing to him in person. I think he might've guessed my confused but he was nice enough not to say anything. We had an alright night after all of that. He' s kind of a cool guy! But I dunno about it since he's friends with my little bro lol

Hey lady. Good story! I've been in situations like that before and I deffo haven't been as graceful as you. Usually I just put my foot in my mouth in the most unfortunate way! I guess this is a good lesson to make sure you SEE a pic before you head out on that date, ahahahha.

Comment

• leonbronsomGM
      leonbronsomGM commented
      Editing a comment
      sometimes pics do no justice like what did you do to the person in the pic?? eat them??

Yes I will definitely be making sure I get a pic beforehand. I don't know why I didn't try to check him out before our date. I guess I was so certain he was this other guy that I knew that I didn't bother checking in.

Comment

Oh boy, nothing worse than mixing people up! I've definitely done that before--called someone by the wrong name or whatever and it is not pretty. There is no good way to recover from that other than just trying to move on as fast as possible.

Comment

Glad it all worked out in the end! Sometimes the biggest goofs can turn into the best things.

Comment

Yes, it did work out well in the end! I'm glad I saved face and decided to give him a chance. Even little bro's friends grow up eventually!

Comment

Working...
          X