Motivator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivator?

Do you guys think that a break up can be a good motivator in order to improve yourself? Like you've let go of yourself during the relationship and you decided to hit the gym right after the breakup.

Yes, I had an ex who actually made me read books again. I was too busy being with him and making our relationship work and when we broke up, I started reading again since I have tons of free time for myself.

Comment

• ManlyBeardMan
      ManlyBeardMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that any guy who dates you, would make sure that you're always beside them.

• J3nnyTalia
      J3nnyTalia commented
      Editing a comment
      That was surely a great guy. He made you things that you are doing even if you already broke up.

Yes, well, at least most are. People tend to improve themselves as a coping mechanism from feeling pain or just to have an output of pain or something sort of like that.

Comment

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you one of those people who always try to improve themselves right after a breakup?

• Lookingforlovin
      Lookingforlovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes because sometimes the relationship is the cause of someone's difficulty in achieving something.

Somehow, that could be a motivator to improve ourselves. Some breakups were due to our faults. Let us admit those faults and change them for the better.

Comment

• HoneyHoney72
      HoneyHoney72 commented
      Editing a comment
      If those people are using their minds well, then they would be able to think that it was their faults. I know some people who would refuse to accept their faults.

Not all breakups would be a good motivator. Some breakups could lead to degradation of one's self. How many have become depressed because they broke up with their partners?

Comment

• PieFlavor
      PieFlavor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is possible that you would stop caring about yourself immediately after a breakup. But once you've realized that you have to stop sulking already, that's the time that you're going to be motivated into improving yourself.

• BeautifulCupful
      BeautifulCupful commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that something that happens to you after a break up that's why you think that it is not a good motivator?

• Airbind
      Airbind commented
      Editing a comment
      yes BeautifulCupful happens to me all the time. PieFlavor agreed.

I could say that most breakups would lead to improvements of people. Most would think that they need to improve the faults that caused their breakups.

Comment

• pleaserloser
      pleaserloser commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely they'll improve but not immediately because at first they will be so down with themselves and can't concentrate.

• jennica12
      jennica12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried it on the relationships that you had? How did it go?

A breakup could cause someone to commit a suicide. Of course, cases are rare, but it happens.

Comment

• Live2Hunt
      Live2Hunt commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that happens when they've been together for a long time and the other person is the type who's dependent on the other one.

• CuddlyPac
      CuddlyPac commented
      Editing a comment
      True! But don't let them commit this kind of behavior because it might suddenly become our fault.

• BiancaG
      BiancaG commented
      Editing a comment
      Did committing suicide crossed your mind when someone broke up with you?

Originally posted by 1xz9 View Post
    Do you guys think that a break up can be a good motivator in order to improve yourself? Like you've let go of yourself during the relationship and you decided to hit the gym right after the breakup.
    If you are fat, then you must really go to the gym. Otherwise, a salon is the perfect place to be.

Comment

It's not really a motivator but just a diversion of getting him or her out of your mind. Some just hit the gym in order to see other people or try to flirt with their gym instructors so you can forget him/her.

Comment

• badbadboys
        badbadboys commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh! Did you ever hit your gym instructor and get it on with him? I love your body by the way

Yes, most of the time breakups can be a good motivator when it comes to improving yourself. Like going back to the gym, eating healthier, etc...

Comment

• rockmybedpls
        rockmybedpls commented
        Editing a comment
        Imagine if breakups are a good motivator then most people should be heartbroken daily haha! So they can go to the gym, etc.

• BabyUni
        BabyUni commented
        Editing a comment
        rockmybedpls What's more is that you have seen your ex moved on with somebody and that will make you motivated even more.

• Lilliah
        Lilliah commented
        Editing a comment
        I prefer hiking or rock climbing to be a good motivator rather than gym. You can explore more and when your top you just shout his name and say fuck you lol!

I think going to the gym because of a breakup is not that much of a motivator because you're only improving your body and you're ex already accepted on what you look like but I think it's more wiser if what you'll improve is your charisma, intellectual capacity and other self taught skills will be the great motivator for me

Comment

• fistingfatties
        fistingfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        I even think that its kinda hard to do workouts while your still recovering from the pain but if you have friends who can push you then that would be a motivator to me.

• XperiencedVirgin
        XperiencedVirgin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it sounds like that reason is a bit shallow. But you have to remember that exercising can make you feel good mentally as well since endorphins would rush into your pleasure centers which will make you feel good for yourself.

• squirrellove
        squirrellove commented
        Editing a comment
        fistingfatties I agree! most of us will just cry in our room and try to forget everything.

Breakups are good motivations for others but for other women, it may be a disadvantage for them. Breakups can lead them to frustrations, depression and problems in their lives.

Comment

• AnneCubix
        AnneCubix commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on who causes the breakup, If it's the woman then we can't conclude that its a disadvantage for us.
    Working...
    X