What's your fave movie? Any genre!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your fave movie? Any genre!

I need some new movies to watch so I want to hear some of your faves! I'm down with pretty much any genres but some of my current fave films are: Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Rocky, and Up (don't judge that movie is the best!!!). So what movies do you absolutely love?

Only one? Man, I think it's going to be hard to list just one fave. You've already listed off a bunch of classics so I won't bore you with films you've likely already seen. I'm a filmmaker so I go to a lot of festivals and get to see smaller indie films that often don't make it to large cinemas. Indie film is where cinema truly thrives, if you ask me. First, you must start watching Ben Wheatley films. He is one of our best and brightest filmmakers today. I recommend starting with FREE FIRE, as that is probably his most accessible film. After that, try SIGHTSEERS or HIGH RISE. One is a comedy and one is, well, it's something. And, if you want to get high and wonder what the fuck is going on, watch A FIELD IN ENGLAND. Another filmmaker who is changing the game is David Lowery. He directed an indie film called AINT THEM BODIES SAINTS a few years ago. He did a big budget film PETE'S DRAGON but it was a big studio piece so you can definitely skip it. A GHOST STORY is his latest film and it is a revelation. Highly recommend! I'll stop there for now but let me know if you need anymore reccomendations.

Comment

Well if you're gonna mention Wheatley films, you shouldn't leave out Kill List. That's one of his best, IMO. And by the way, Pete's Dragon was incredible. I absolutely adored it, as did piles of people, and to discount it because it's a studio film is a bit silly, don't you think? Anyway, Michael, some other films you should check out are all on Netflix and I love 'em: Okja, Blackfish, Casting JonBenet, and Chasing Coral... those last three are documentaries. I love docs! Feel like not enough people are digesting doc cinema, outside of the stuffy film circles.

Comment

Attack The Block is awesome and it's got that guy from Force Awakens in it! Damn fun good time!

Comment

You've likely seen these, but I can't talk about my fave movies and NOT mention the Die Hard films. After the first, the third is the best (because of the riddles, the riddles!). The fourth is okay-ish and I pretend the fifth never happened. Ugh so terrible.

Comment

If you liked Up, you'll love Paddington! One of the sweetest movies of the year and it totally made me cry!

Comment

Oh wow, so you know Wheatley films. That's unexpected, Rose. You don't particularly look like an indie film fan, particularly those kinds of films—ones with such a strong masculine presence.

Comment

All of the Marvel movies are funnn! I know there's like a bajillion of them but imo the Guardians films are really good, plus Captain America: Civil War and Thor.

Comment

Excuse me, execproducer? What, exacty, is a Wheatley fan supposed to look like? And also you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Two words: Amy Jump. Wheatley's creative partner and wife. She edits his films and they work together and he says she is a major major part of everything great about his films. Sooooo not so much of a "dude film" now is it?

Comment

She Devil is a fave of mine! It's a little campy but Meryl Streep and that pink outfit and computer are style goals if I ever saw them.

Comment

Working...
                    X