Is it lame to like cartoon movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it lame to like cartoon movies?

I'm a grown ass man and I love cartoon movies. Is that lame? Had this girl over the other night and she saw my collection and said I wasn't a child and I should like grown-up movies. Pfft. I know better than to listen to her but I guess I just need some reassurance. Validate my love of cartoons! Know there's gotta be some other cartoon lovers out there. I just love animation too. When I was younger I used to want to be an animator but I wasn't good enough at drawing. Still, I don't think you need to love animation in order to enjoy cartoons. They are good stories and funny and not just for kids! I have a lot of faves but if I had to pick my Top Five, I would go with: How To Train Your Dragon, The Lion King, My Neighbor Totoro, and Big Hero 6. Who else out there loves animated movies?

What kind of crazy person wouldn't like cartoons? Cartoons are incredible at any age. They are ageless and timeless! I still remember getting to see Aladdin and The Lion King in movie theatres when they first came out. It doesn't even seem that long ago but I guess it was almost 20 years ago now. Nostalgia trip! I think all of the Disney classics are great. My all time favorite will always be Cinderella. I loved the mice and her ball gown when she danced with the prince!

Comment

I love cartoons too! I guess I'm still pretty close to technically being a "kid" but that doesn't mean I love 'em any different. And I am definitely not getting rid of my collection when I am a "grown up," whenever that is, haha. It's like in Peter Pan: I don't ever actually want to grow up. All my fave TV shows and movies are alllllll animated! For movies, my faves are Frozen, Moana, and Prince of Egypt (I went to a lot of Sunday school as a kid). And for TV shows I love Steven Universe, Bob's Burgers, and Adventure Time. Long live cartoons! And screw that crazy bitch for saying cartoons aren't for grownup. She must be dead inside!

Comment

I would never make fun of someone for still liking cartoons at a certain age becuase I think they are for everone. Despite that, I do not like them myself! I dunno. I just was never really into them, even as a kid. Somehting about it looking like a colouring book did not appeal to me. I've tried loads of different kinds of animations but absolutely nothing captures me. I know I am missing out but ah well!

Comment

I would be absolutely lost without my fave cartoon films! The Little Mermaid was a game changer for me. I still want to be a mermaid because of that movie. Lately I've gotten into stop motion. Does that still count as animated? I guess it's a kind of animation! I really loved The Box Trolls and Coraline. And you can't go wrong with the classics like Wallace and Grommit. Oh man, now I need to go and watch The Little Mermaid again. It's been way too long!

Comment

I live for cartoons! Mostly into shows not movies but animation is life. been watching a lot of Airbender and old school Pokemon lately. Anime is fuckin great. dont let anyone tell u that animation is dorky. she clearly has no clue.

Comment

I watch Monsters Inc regularly. It is definitely my fave movie of all time!

Comment

Disney movies are my faves! They shaped me into the crazy-ass princess I am today. I used to skip around my house and try to sing to all the animals. And unfortunately for my whole family I am a terrible, terrible singer. There is something magical about an animated film that just isn't the same in live action. And not even CGI is the same. Like original hand-drawn animation is something super special. Think about the under water bits in The Little Mermaid. All of those light reflections and leaks had to be created by hand! They looked so perfect. I am always in awe of animation!

Comment

Just gonna chime in here also with my undying love for animation, ahaha. Huge fan of all the Miyazaki films. My Neighbor Totoro is really great but I think my fave is Kiki's Delivery Service. Such a good story! I also really wanted a cat like that, lol.

Comment

I have to admit I haven't watched a lot of cartoon films but you all are inspiring me to watch some. I'm literally copying all of these suggestions down. They are all so good! I think the last animated film I watched and loved was The Swan Princess. Does anyone remember that one? It wasn't a big Disney film. Maybe it was Dreamworks or Warner Brothers? Doesn't really matter I guess but it definitely wasn't as popular as some of the big Disney ones. In any case, it was an absolutely fave of mine. They did some sequels but they weren't as good. Might have to watch that one again too!

Comment

Heck no! I absolutely love cartoons and animated films. Reminds me a lot of my childhood. There's nothing quite like stuffing your face in a big bowl of chips and pull up a butt plug and watch cartoons all day

Comment

I think that most of the adults who were born in the 80's-90's are still into watching cartoons.

Comment

I still watch cartoons whenever I ran out of shows to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Live2Hunt View Post
                            I still watch cartoons whenever I ran out of shows to watch
                            Same here. It is a good time/boredom killer as well

Comment

Working...
                            X