Is 50 Shades of Grey realistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 50 Shades of Grey realistic?

What can you gals and guys tell me about the 50 Shades of Grey book? I just finished reading it and I was wondering how truthful it is to the BDSM world. Do people really have rooms or dungeons like that? Just curious!

That book is such trash, and in more ways than one. Yes, ppl to have dungeons or lairs with all of their sex toys and equipment set up. And the equipment describe in the book actually does exist. Major problem with the book is that it doesn't depict a healthy BDSM relationship. It's closer to abuse, actually.

Comment

Oh really, abuse? How so?

Comment

In a BDSM relationship, you have the dom (dominant person) and the sub (subordinate person). The dom tells the sub what to do and appears to be in control of the situation. I say "appears" because the sub ultimately has the control. They have the safe word and can say it at any time and make the dom stop. They actually have the power. That's what is so powerful about a dom and sub relationship. And also why it is so tricky and difficult. And when it's portrayed in books as just pushing a young girl around, especially when she doesn't want to, it gives BDSM a bad rap. He literaly stalks her in the book! That's not cool! Fuuuuuuuu that book makes me so angry.

Comment

Yeah, that book is out of line. I do have a room with all my "toys" so to speak. But I'd never treat any sub the way that guy treats his sub. He pretty much manipulates and abuses her.

Comment

Generally I wouldn't trust anything that used to be Twilight fan fiction to accurantly represent the BDSM world!

Comment

That book made me so sad because it's convinced a lot of women that abuse is actualy BDSM and that it's sexy and provocative. Sigh. No real dom would do what he did to that poor girl. He stalked her. He set up insane rules that were well outside of what BDSM is actually about, he didn't let her set the pace. Did they even have a safe word?! Tbh I couldn't even finish the book.

Comment

Working...
              X