Settle Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle Down

Not sure if this has been talked about here, but how long does it take for you before you start to talk about getting married or settling down with the person?

At least two years for me. By that time, you have already known the person well enough and could already decide if getting married would be a nice decision.

Comment

• AliveLivery
      AliveLivery commented
      Editing a comment
      Ever got in this trial period of yours? What was it like?

If he likes now, I could accept the marriage now. We love each other so settling down could be done anytime.

Comment

• BabyUni
      BabyUni commented
      Editing a comment
      But that implies that you don't have a choice in that relationship or is that how you roll?

I am not thinking of it yet. I want to enjoy my single life dating and having some fun from time to time.

Comment

• Informerem
      Informerem commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you really think that you would eventually hit that stage where you're ready to settle down?

• TeaHoney
      TeaHoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Informerem All of us do hit that time. More on women because of maternal instinct. We're still basically animals.

When my partner has the financial capacity to carry out a marriage, then I would be willing to get settled. I think that I need to somehow secure my future; that is, I need the man to be financially secured so that the family would not have a tough time dealing with life.

Comment

• holleroutyo
      holleroutyo commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you willing to wait for that to happen? What if it takes him more than a decade before he reaches that stability?

• TeaHoney
      TeaHoney commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate it when I come across like this. It's like having a degree on gold digging. But then again, who am I to judge?

In most cases, I would mention that around a year into the relationship. Don't want to scare the guy early in the relationship

Comment

• Kinkytime
      Kinkytime commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you have an ex who broke up or had an argument with you because of that topic?

• HugKenji
      HugKenji commented
      Editing a comment
      What if he's the one who started the conversation about it? Would you be excited or not?

Me and most of my exes have actually had that talk. But it was more of a small talk and nothing serious

Comment

• Aglowwo
      Aglowwo commented
      Editing a comment
      If I read that correctly, you never got really far in any of your relationships?

This is one of the few instances where you can trust your gut feeling. You may not have a good basis for that decision but it's as good as any.

Comment

• imhornyimhorny
      imhornyimhorny commented
      Editing a comment
      The gut feeling. I have heard that we should trust our gut feeling. This is called instinct, right? I remember it! - Intuition.

Settling down in your youth is like leaving the party at 8pm. Make sure to leave if you're completely shitfaced and done.

Comment

Time is irrelevant in this kind of decision. Some get married after 1 year, some might take 6 years or more. You can't really put a time limit on this one.

Comment

• Amazeac
        Amazeac commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you yourself have a time limit. Women have an expiration date. lol

• bubblebutt6969
        bubblebutt6969 commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazeac No expiration date for marriage but for having a baby naturally. But then, there are new techniques which even the old women would have the ability to have babies.

• Aglowwo
        Aglowwo commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazeac Yes, we have a time limit for natural pregnancy but modern technologies are already available. I could even have twins which are seemingly the norm when IVF treatment is done.

Thinking of this unnecessary will just stress the hell out of you. If I were, just feel it and stop overthinking.

Comment

• PussySlay
        PussySlay commented
        Editing a comment
        So you don't mind or be mad at the guy if he wants to talk about it with the first month of your relationship?

• HugKenji
        HugKenji commented
        Editing a comment
        PussySlay I have not seen a man who talked about settling down on the first month of a relationship. All of them would be thinking of fucking on the first month.

Long enough to realize that you already did all you wanted as a single, free woman.

Comment

• CupcakeComments
        CupcakeComments commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you think that you would really get to that stage in your life?

• BeautifulCupful
        BeautifulCupful commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand the stages of life but some things just do not end like they would be there forever.

• halfSlut23
        halfSlut23 commented
        Editing a comment
        CupcakeComments I think that I would be done soon as I have done so many things as a single woman.
    Working...
    X