Partner's ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner's ex

You and your partner is in a cafe and suddenly someone approached your partner and the two of them hugged in front of you. Then your partner introduced you to that someone and it turns out that it was his/her ex. How would you respond to that? How would you treat him/her?

Of course, I'll be surprised because I didn't expect to encounter his ex during that time. But I won't be angry or anything. Rather, I'll treat her nicely and maybe we'll even have girl talk about fashion.

Comment

• Amazeac
      Amazeac commented
      Editing a comment
      True. Besides, you don't have any reason to be angry. It's not her fault that she happened to be his ex and that she happened to be in that same cafe. If you get angry, you'll just appear like you're insecure.

• AirParis
      AirParis commented
      Editing a comment
      She won't be seated on your table. She just passed by as she also had a date on the next table.

• Kinkytime
      Kinkytime commented
      Editing a comment
      Save your fashion talk. The girl also had a date on that same restaurant.

I would smile back, and we would have kisses on both cheeks. I would have some small talks with her. If she is nice, then we could be friends in the long run. I could see that she and my boyfriend broke up nicely.

Comment

• Mor2thisIknoe
      Mor2thisIknoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. These are the right approaches. It is always good to be friendly to the exes of your boyfriends.

• BabyBabu
      BabyBabu commented
      Editing a comment
      What if she did not like you and looked at you from head to feet then from feet to head? What would be your reaction?

• Divina009
      Divina009 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, an epitome of a good woman. I wish all women were just like you. If that was so, then the world be so beautiful already.

I would treat her just like a new acquaintance. I would say the usual hi or hello. And that's it. There would be no special nor bad treatment. It would be the usual friendly one.

Comment

• Stoneyption
      Stoneyption commented
      Editing a comment
      Say that the greeting is fake or not, at least you've shown her that you are not rude by just ignoring her, or else they might think that you're acting bitter and insecure. We wouldn't want them to think of that, right?

• Shane77
      Shane77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. A friendly approach is the best one. We should always be nice to anyone.

• AliveLivery
      AliveLivery commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I think that for the first time acquaintances, saying the usual greeting would be fine. Well, you could not say more to that, right?

I would be surprised to see her. The world is small, after all. Oh, what can I say? Smile at her, perhaps?

Comment

• BigDaddy69
      BigDaddy69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a small world if she ever bumped into you guys when you two are actually on a date. Now, she shouldn't be too comfortable, she should leave them behind and have a nice peaceful date.

• Lucricia17
      Lucricia17 commented
      Editing a comment
      BigDaddy69 is right, I hope that the ex would just say hi and would tell them that she has places to go to. She shouldn't feel more comfortable for over-staying on their date, she should let them enjoy it and should not try and cause a scene.

I am sure that his ex won't sit down and join our date, right? If that is so, then everything would be alright with me. I would greet her just like a usual friendly greeting.

Comment

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      But what if she's that comfortable ex that suddenly sits down in the middle of your date? Wouldn't you feel a slight irritation to that? I'd be bothered if she's getting too comfortable joining us in without my permission.

• J3nnyTalia
      J3nnyTalia commented
      Editing a comment
      squirrellove I know right? I won't be okay if she's getting too comfortable with us in the middle of our fucking date which is only between me and him and why is she there in the first place? Is she really trying to test my fucking patience?

Could I be a bitch for some time? I would roll my eyes upon seeing them hug each other. And that would not be enough as I would walk out and go to the powder room.

Comment

• newromance
      newromance commented
      Editing a comment
      If you walked out to go to the powder room do not expect your partner to go chasing you. He'll just stay there confused as if he's unaware of what's happening.

• uninvoked
      uninvoked commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah! I had seen some jealous women do those things. Well, I could blame them. Sometimes, there are immature women.

• AirFeline
      AirFeline commented
      Editing a comment
      If you do that one, what would his ex-girlfriend think of you? She would have a bad impression of you, girl. I do not think that it would be a good idea.

I'll be shocked that some girl hugged my boyfriend but when she's been introduced to me, I'll just smile sweetly. Then I'll let them catch up with each other. I won't be jealous because there's absolutely no reason for me to feel that way.

Comment

• HoneySpyder
      HoneySpyder commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I get the same vibes too, Live2Hunt. You might be well-composed out there and kudos to you, Airexadre. Deep down I know you are on the rage of beating the shit out of her but you chose to act cool about it.

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      Live2Hunt Nah, I am not like that. she is not on my level. and besides I don't want to waste my time for that.

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, how can I not feel bad about that, but yeah I choose to act cool even if I don't want to. HoneySpyder

If it were my girlfriend's ex, I would just smile but right after out date. I think we might be having a few discussions concerning what happened earlier that day.

Comment

• 1xz9
      1xz9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Uh-oh, some jealousy's happening right here! Well, I know that what her ex did was quite surprising and rude, he did that on purpose to piss you off but I admire that you've managed to resist not throwing him a punch or causing such scene in that coffeeshop.

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      badbadboys easy, now. I think if you'd come across the street and saw him again you might even beat the shit out of him to make yourself feel better, I guess? Lol, oh wait, that's what I will do as well!

I'd be shookt to the core, like, did she just fucking hugged him right in front of me? She should not make me snap or I might drag her out of our table and kick her out of our date. But in reality, I cannot do all those things, my eye might be twitching from those thoughts but I'll just fake her a smile and just hope she leaves us immediately before I even hurt her.

Comment

• hardandrough
      hardandrough commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think she's ever going to leave you two alone knowing that she is making you feel angry gives her the fuel to make you feel more pissed off. Yes, what I'm saying is that she is trying to test your patience, girl.

Okay, that's enough introduction, shall we go back to OUR decent date? We'd continue on as if I had not seen him hugged my girlfriend a while ago while we're in the middle of our date?

Comment

• youngsterme
      youngsterme commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my, I thought for a second you're going to beat him up but maybe he deserves one because why the hell would he even intrude your date with her? That's a cocky move already and you should teach him a lesson already!

• BearMsAlive
      BearMsAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Duh! Why are you so bitter? It is as if her ex-boyfriend would gonna steal her from you! Come on, you need to calm down and relax. No need to be hot-tempered.

Nothing. I won't do anything. I won't even look at her. I would wait for her leave our table after their brief chat.

Comment

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd rather ignore her as well. I cannot stand her looking at me so don't she ever talk to me as well, I will definitely just wait for her to leave our presence and would continue on with our date.

And what's that girl doing on the same place where we have a date with my boyfriend? Was it just a coincidence or was she stalking about us?

Comment

• BuiltToLast
      BuiltToLast commented
      Editing a comment
      That place was probably where they use to hang out that's why she's there. You didn't even bother about asking him if that was the exact same place where they used to date, lol!

So, what was she doing in the same spot that we were in? Of all places, why did destiny allow her to see him there? What did destiny imply?

Comment

Working...
    X