No announcement yet.

Does this mean I can't flirt anymore???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this mean I can't flirt anymore???

When you're dating someone does that mean you can't flirt anymore? Full disclosure: this is my first serious relationship. I've had a lot of different partners and women in the past but nothing super serious. Met this rad girl and thought we'd try out being exclusive. Except I'm worried that now I won't be able to flirt at all. That's kind of the deal with exclusive relationships right? Except I'm a flirty personality so I dunno how well that is going to fit. I just get along with people in a flirty way if that makes sense. is flirting really considered stepping out? I like this girl but if this is what she wants then I dunno if I can do it. I haven't relly talked to her about it yet. guess i'm avoiding it for now until I get some more insights. thx

That all depends guy. Every relationship is different and it depends on what you each set up as boundaries and expectations. I've dated plenty of people in my life. Some have been very jealous and did not want me to even mention my exes. Others have not cared if I flirted or even danced with other guys at clubs. It all depends. But more importantly, you have to make sure you're each okay with what the other person requires to feel safe/happy in the relationship. I generally don't get with super jealous guys anymore bcause it isn't worth my time. Also there is a fine line with setting up boundaries about flirting and being straight up controlling. Keep that in mind!

Comment

You really won't know until you talk to her. Otherwise you'll each be guessing what the other person is thinking and i guarantee that will not end well. Hopefully you guys can strike a balance! In general there isn't anything inherently wrong with a little flirting. But if it makes your partner uncomfortable you need to decide how important it actually is to you. Would you actually pick staying single and being able to flirt with anybody over building a porentially great relationshp with this girl all over flirting?

Comment

I dunno, tbh. I am still trying to figure that out. Guess it sounds like of insane and selfish that not being able to flirt would be a no-go but, I dunno, I feel like I would be changing myself too much. Boy's gotta flirt!

Comment

Really hope you can work things out somehow! Would be super sad if it all ended before it really got started.

Comment

If she can't handle a little fliritng, run away. Run far away. It's never a good sigh.

Comment

In every relationship there is always compromise. Always a bit of give and take. And even though nobody wants to change, you do a bit. Not at your core, but surface stuff. All you need to do is decide if it's worth it for this girl. Sometimes it's hard to tell that at the beginning though. Good luck!

Comment

Just to add to what have been said, the two of you have to talk about it first. If she's the jealous type, then try to lessen or avoid flirting especially if the two of you are together.

Comment

As a girl, I definitely would disagree. Give some respect, Man! If you were on her shoe and both of you are exclusive, how'd you feel?

Comment

I f you guys are exclusive then flirting with other girls is a big no-no. Try putting yourself in her shoes and see if you like it when she flirts with other guys while you are together

Comment

Originally posted by _emo_isstillcool View Post
                      I dunno, tbh. I am still trying to figure that out. Guess it sounds like of insane and selfish that not being able to flirt would be a no-go but, I dunno, I feel like I would be changing myself too much. Boy's gotta flirt!
                      If you're really into the person you should need to change certain things about yourself in order to make it to work

Comment

Working...
                      X