Literally the worst date of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literally the worst date of my life

Omg I just had the worst date of my life. I mostly just need to vent so don't mind me. Okay, so I made plans to go out with this guy I knew from work. We had chatted a bit online and he seemed super cool and I was into it. We made plans to meet at a bar and I got there about right on time. I don't like to be toooooo early because sometimes people aren't early or on time. I decided to grab a water first and just wait by the bar. About five minutes after our meet time he still isn't there and he hasn't texted. I waited another five minutes, actually buy a drink, and wait a few minutes more. Still no word. I generally don't chase people the night of. Like, we made plans and they were confirmed, I ain't gonna hound you. And usually people like to ghost so whatever. I finish my drink and right as I'm about to leave he breezes in. No apology, no nothing. I tell him I was about to leave and he acts all weird, like I'm being the rude one. WTF. I should've left right then but whatever, I was already out and maybe we could still have a good time. So we sit down and order another round and grab some nibblies. We're just sitting there talking and he manages to complain and insult pretty much EVERYTHING. Finally the waiter brings out our food. We're eating our fries and when we're about halfway done and he tells me to stop eating. I'm like, "uhhh why?" and he's all, so I can complain about the food and we can get it for free. Say what? I tell him that sounds stupid because we ate half of them so no waiter would even buy it. He starts to complain that they're overpriced fries and nobody should have to pay full price. He's the one who recommended the bar though! Why were we there if he didn't want to pay for fries? I'm like super annoyed and tell him I'll pay for the fries. I figure he's just cheap or broke. Except that seemed to set him off even more. He gets all huffy and asks if I don't think he can afford fries, like he's all offended. I tell him I honestly don't know since he doesn't want to pay for a plate of fries. He starts to throw a tantrum and the waiter comes over all concerned. AND THEN, OMG. AND THEN. Then he tries to blame it all on me. He goes to the waiter, "Oh my date here was wanting to try to get these fries for half price and I was trying to explain to her how inappropriate that was." My jaw totally drops. And I'm done. I pull out a $50, which is about double for what we ate and drank, and give it to the waiter and say that my date was confused, I'm fuly capable of paying. And then I leave. This dude actually has the nerve to follow me out complaining about how rude I'm being to ditch him like that. Luckily the restaurant manager who was around all evening and happened to overhear and see most of his gross behaviour followed us and made sure the guy left me alone. The only good thing is after all of that, the manager gave me back my $50 and said the meal and drinks were on the house since I had to endure such a terrible time. I guess one silver lining!

Omgggggggg what a rude guy. Girl, I feel for you!

Comment

Umm, that's your worst story ever? Jeez. I wish I was you. Lucky, I guess. *eye roll*

Comment

Guys like that needs to be chemically castrated or are not allowed to reproduce

Comment

I wish you smacked that plate of fries in his face

Comment

Comment

I went on a date with a quite cute guy, during the conversation we had, he wanted to take a picture od my driver's license to send and show to his sister via text. Two minutes later, the guy brought up a misdemeanor case I hand when I was a teenager. Her sister did a criminal background check on me, two hours into the date. Can you believe that?

Comment

At the end of a perfect date, after months having a crush on him. right when we would have kissed, he told me he was getting back together with his ex-girlfriend. He just wanted to see why I liked him. The nerve!

Comment

I feel bad for your girl. Don't worry you're not the only one who had bad experiences with guys

Comment

Working...
                  X