Meeting the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting the family

What would you do if right after your first date and before parting ways, he/she likes to meet your family? Remember, that was just a first date. You know, the getting to know stage.

Whoa! That was so quick! I do not think that I would introduce him to my family after the first date. We should have more dates first then if things are already doing well then that would be the time for me to introduce him to my family.

Comment

• AnneCubix
      AnneCubix commented
      Editing a comment
      What would you do if he insists on it? You know, there are people who are persuasive.

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      newromance I agree, it's too early for him to be wanting me to introduce him to my family. If he insists AnneCubix you should introduce him as a friend or a suitor. He should understand that on first dates, you wouldn't want to meet your date's parents or family, it's just not the right time yet.

• newromance
      newromance commented
      Editing a comment
      hitthesack IKR, its like he is rushing me to move forward and he wants to own my heart on the first day

That quickly? But why? Is there something that he needs to immediately know my family? I am puzzled from his request. That was strange so I would have to decline.

Comment

• BeautifulCupful
      BeautifulCupful commented
      Editing a comment
      VanVan01 you should recall everything that you've told him during the date. Maybe you've mentioned about your family or you might've accidentally told him that your parents would be happy to meet a guy like him. Yikes! You can't go back and changed what you've already said.

• yumyum
      yumyum commented
      Editing a comment
      BeautifulCupful If that would be the case then that means that you liked the man already. So I guess that it would just be fine to introduce your family to him.

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      BeautifulCupful If that's the case then I will tell him that it will happen soon if we are on good terms already

No. I will not entertain what he wants to have. I would present my family after some time but not after the first date as that would be too soon.

Comment

• Mor2thisIknoe
      Mor2thisIknoe commented
      Editing a comment
      CupcakeComments WHAT?! What kind of request is that? A guy you just met on the first date wants to meet your family? Is he out of his mind or something? It's funny how I know some guys don't even have the guts to talk to my dad.

• bemine
      bemine commented
      Editing a comment
      Mor2thisIknoe There are guys who have full of confidence. I actually admire those kinds of guys.

• Vichie
      Vichie commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you. Introduction with the family would come at a later time when everything has been settled.

Why not? If he wants to meet my family right after the date then I could arrange for a dinner at the soonest available time. He would be able to meet my family.

Comment

• SmileDemiSmile
      SmileDemiSmile commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, that was quick! How are you so sure that he is worth introducing to your family anyway? Are you sure that he has already passed all of your tests?

• inertia
      inertia commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're going to introduce him, then he's already your boyfriend. Don't you think that it's a little too early?

• Marphy
      Marphy commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure with your decision? If looks like you had become head over heels with your first date to that man.

Originally posted by HoneySpyder View Post
    What would you do if right after your first date and before parting ways, he/she likes to meet your family? Remember, that was just a first date. You know, the getting to know stage.
    Oh no, I wouldn't let her. I've been dating for way too long luckily, those things never happened! I've never met anyone who wants to meet my family, I don't even show pictures of me and my friends during first dates. That's just odd.

Comment

• ManlyBeardMan
      ManlyBeardMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe she just happens to know your family from somewhere. You can just explain to her that you'll introduce her to your family if the time is right. I'm sure she will understand.

• iwantFWB
      iwantFWB commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe @ManlyBearMan's got a point. Your date probably has seen one of your family members and just wanted to see it for herself. It's rare for a woman to tell that to a guy that she wanted to meet your family. But it's best if you tell her that it's too early for that and maybe save it for some other dates.

• smartass
      smartass commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be that she became head over heels into you that she wanted to speed everything up. There was quick acting people.

Not all of my dates would tell me that they'd want to meet my family right away. Instead, he'll tell me that we'd want to meet my family SOON, it would be better.
    But if I'd encounter someone like that, I'd tell him NO. It's not the right time for him to meet them right now. If he insists me, then I would introduce him only as my friend.

Comment

• badbadboys
      badbadboys commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I often tell my dates that I can wait to meet their family soon. I don't even have the guts to tell that to my first date, meeting her family? She might assume that I already wanted to settle down with her.

• MasQue
      MasQue commented
      Editing a comment
      badbadboys You are right. I agree with that line of thoughts. I wonder why there are some men who would want to meet the family of their dates after their first dates.

I will tell her politely that it will happen real soon, not for now. Maybe in a few dates or so, because it's possible that our date might not be as good as the early ones. And at least my family won't have to ask me about her every now and then.

Comment

• fucklove
      fucklove commented
      Editing a comment
      It happened to me before that my date insisted that he likes to meet my family. Without thinking twice, on our next date I introduced him as my suitor but shortly after we didn't last long. It's not about my family but in the long run, we're just not really compatible with each other.

• CuddlyPac
      CuddlyPac commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I think that meeting the family after the first date is too soon. You are right to politely decline and have the meeting after some more dates.

I will be like wooow are we in a hurry? I'll just say that i would love to but not today and I don't really want to get his hopes high on me because its only the first day of dating

Comment

Asking you like that is so quick like a quickie lol. If I will be invited unexpectedly then i'll just tell to him that it would be great if we plan it so i can cook for them which would turn out to be a lovely evening dinner with his fam

Comment

• bemine
        bemine commented
        Editing a comment
        you got one hell of a plan out there except that I am not a good at cooking but if you really like that guy on your first day then you can reconsider taking the risk and find out if his family is sweet

This will really shock me because its so unexpected but I think its cute for a guy to ask if you want to meet his family. I bet he loves his family too much which will make me fall for him

Comment

• badbadboys
        badbadboys commented
        Editing a comment
        For me i will really invite her at home for the first time we met so she could meet my lovely mom
    Working...
    X