Paying the bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying the bill

Well, two years ago, I had a casual date. Things were working fine until the bill arrived. I was waiting for him to pay the whole bill when he suddenly asked me if I could share the half of it. I was like "Oh, okay, no problem."

So, what are your thoughts on who pays for the dates?

Did the man invite you? If yes, he should pay for it.
    Did you invite the man? If yes, you should pay for the bill.

Comment

• StrongAsZeus
      StrongAsZeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh, sounds fair enough. I'm glad that someone like you understands this situation. Equality for us men too!

• Cupcakeri
      Cupcakeri commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly but some insist that you would pay and they ended up treating you

The bills for those dates should always be paid by the men. I think that it is the norm that should be continued.

Comment

• Yummykorn
      Yummykorn commented
      Editing a comment
      The one who ask is expected to pay but maybe he didn't feel or like the date that's why he split it or he dont have enough money to pay for it

• VickyMae55
      VickyMae55 commented
      Editing a comment
      It maybe a norm but if he is the one who ordered it then its fine but if its you then you better hand him your share

• AirFeline
      AirFeline commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're lucky enough that you dated a rich man what if its a broke man then it would be the end of the world for you because you will have to pay it

I would wait for the man to settle for the bill. I would just sit back and relax on my seat.

Comment

• Jaime12
      Jaime12 commented
      Editing a comment
      @MoiraMcTargarrt Yeah, just sit back there and relax. Until he realizes that he 'forgot his wallet' or 'forgot his cards'. Yeah, goodluck with that.

• Mor2thisIknoe
      Mor2thisIknoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Jaime12 LOL. But he was dating me so I would be gone before he realizes that he had forgotten his cash and cards! I had learned my lesson in the past. And I learned it so damned well. lol.

• BabyUni
      BabyUni commented
      Editing a comment
      What if he can't settle it then ghost you on your date without paying the bills? Could you still relax on your seat?

I'd always split the bill on the second and third dates, but first dates should be paid by the man alone. Of course, he asked you for a date then he should be a gentleman to do that.

Comment

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you're right. That's exactly how it is, first dates should be handled by us men. I was thought to be a gentleman, but it wouldn't matter on the second or third if I get to handle the expenses. I earned it anyway.

• Lilliah
      Lilliah commented
      Editing a comment
      As for me, all dates should be shouldered by the man. I do not need to shell out some money. Hello, some men would have something more valuable from me after the date. lol.

If he asks me for help to share half of the bill then I would be okay with it. As long as he doesn't leave me hanging to shoulder all of the expenses.

Comment

• BiancaG
      BiancaG commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It is better if he lets you know that he couldn't handle the expenses alone than just leave you hanging XperiencedVirgin.

• BuiltToLast
      BuiltToLast commented
      Editing a comment
      What if he says that you'd take turns on paying the bills? You will pay for the meals and he'll pay for the movies

I'm not used to it, when a girl offers to split the bill? Well, thank you. I'd appreciate that but I'm the one who's usually in charge of the bill, since I'm the guy. Am I right ladies?

Comment

• Yuki23
      Yuki23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I thought you were a 'bad bad boy' there, but I think what you've said has a sarcastic undertone too. But anyway, if you're serious about paying the bills most of the time then you're a really sweet guy.

• ablasta
      ablasta commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah badbadboy you are in charge of the bill especially if you are the one who ask her out on a date

• AliveLivery
      AliveLivery commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you also pay common bills like electricity? You seemed nice that you would take care of the bill

I just hope that my date would ask me if I needed some assistance in splitting the bills. So we'll have another date for the second time.

Comment

• newromance
      newromance commented
      Editing a comment
      Eeewww. What a lame man. No, I would not date someone like you. I want those men who date me to always pay for the bills.

• ManlyBeardMan
      ManlyBeardMan commented
      Editing a comment
      newromance Would that be lame? If your date picks a lot of orders then I might split bills or hand me at least a generous amount of money

That's why I never date a woman when I dont have money, I just invite them to house parties when somebody host so everything would be free

Comment

• youngsterme
      youngsterme commented
      Editing a comment
      That's cool but if the woman is not a party-goer then you will have bigger problems on giving her something free

• merrygoround
      merrygoround commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree youngsterme if that girls hates house parties then you better have a plan and don't always settle for free

I could pay for the bill should the man had a hard time paying for it. No big deal with me. I could provide my card for the payment. But then, he should not ask me for more dates as he would already be ignored.

Comment

• Live2Hunt
      Live2Hunt commented
      Editing a comment
      But will you consider another date if that man wants to pay you back through another date?

I would even spank him for not having money during our date. How could he ask me out without money on his pocket? I always expect that men should pay the bills. Call me traditional but men should always pay for it.

Comment

• LoveShove
      LoveShove commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you going to treat him like a child? I'm curious about the spank.. Is it a sexy thing or a real punishment?

• Divina009
      Divina009 commented
      Editing a comment
      LoveShove It could be an act of anger coupled with an embarrassment of not able to pay. lol.

Well, that would be embarrassing so I would save his face by paying the bill by myself. I would even kid him: "Would you like to ask for some discount on the interest of this credit from me?"

Comment

Working...
    X