The last third date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last third date

A friend of mine is seeing someone and they only had two dates. This third date came up today, says he ended up breaking her heart. Why you'd ask? He says that he is no longer interested in making them 'official', he says that he's not really in love with her, it was only infatuation. He says that they can still be friends but he's not sure if she's okay with that.

Just like that, he ended everything on the third date? Well, at least they'll have the chance to meet other people but I feel bad for the brokenhearted girl. She cannot accept that they're better off as friends now.

Comment

• Shane77
      Shane77 commented
      Editing a comment
      ablasta And that is so sad, why can't they just be good. It's hard to expect to nothing.

• honesty101
      honesty101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, and I think she is okay now. Shane77

• Shane77
      Shane77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I guess. honesty101

Who would be okay after she got her heart broken? I think that the guy deserves a slap in order to make him feel a part of the hurt that the girl is feeling. Well, one slap wouldn't suffice so maybe it should be more than one.

Comment

• imhornyimhorny
      imhornyimhorny commented
      Editing a comment
      One solid slap will be fine. He cannot take what he has said and done, it is all over now. They should part ways and should never be friends again.

• newromance
      newromance commented
      Editing a comment
      Can I just give him that one solid slap? 'Coz I think a part of me was hurt as well, oh yeah, I remember, the same thing had happened to me way way back. I will never forget that as well.

I suggest that your friend should just forget about the guy so that she can start moving on already. Also, she should realize that losing the guy is actually not a loss for her. At least, she saved herself from more heartbreak right?

Comment

• AirParis
      AirParis commented
      Editing a comment
      But she was already heart-broken! The guy had already broken her heart. Anyway, I guess that she needs to see more men in the meantime.

• CupcakeTea
      CupcakeTea commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, move on already. It would not be that painful as it was just starting up.

Your friend should have been more careful when she's around the guy. She should have noticed that he's not really interested in her in the way that she's interested in him. But she can't do anything about that except accepting that she and the guy don't have a future anymore.

Comment

• Danica505
      Danica505 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Sometimes, we need to look for the signs if someone genuinely likes us or not. If someone wants only hookups, then we should only provide hookups. Let us be fair to our hookups.

• Informerem
      Informerem commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, things are already done. We could not turn back the hand of time anymore. But that could be a good lesson so that she won't have it again in the future.

Dates should remain to be dates. You could even be dumped on your first date so it should not be a big deal. There are lots of fish in the ocean. Certainly, you could find better fish out there.

Comment

• Stoneyption
      Stoneyption commented
      Editing a comment
      During those first dates, it is normal to have trials and errors (successful dates or not) at least, during those first dates you get to see what type of person you are dealing with already. It's either you picked the right one or you dodged a bullet.

• J3nnyTalia
      J3nnyTalia commented
      Editing a comment
      It's better to dodge a bullet too early. I think that those dates are just for fun, for him, but I feel bad for her that she took it seriously and was hoping for them to become a serious thing. That guy is still an ass, I cannot forgive him for hurting her like that.

It is good that he told you that it is better to stop while it was just starting. At least, there were less time and less effort that were wasted.

Comment

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, to longer that they'd continue this own, the harder and unbearable it is to handle such pain.

• Lucricia17
      Lucricia17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right! The longer it is then the harder it is to get out of that hell hole! LOL, yeah I've been there and it feels like I'm slowly getting used to it already.

Wow, he could have just said in the first place that he doesn't have any intention of being in a relationship with her. In tat way, the girl shouldn't have hoped that they can be more than friends.

Comment

• BigDaddy69
      BigDaddy69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, the third date is considered to be early when he changed his mind. It's okay that they ended things that way, it's not like they're already together and suddenly he breaks up with her the next day, right?

• Mor2thisIknoe
      Mor2thisIknoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes, we should not assume for anything. Assuming makes us vulnerable to heartbreaks.

• BabyBabu
      BabyBabu commented
      Editing a comment
      She should have asked him that question, right? Sometimes, we need to ask directly. We should not assume and get hurt in the end.

What made him change his mind? There could be some reasons why he changed his mind. She should have asked him the reasons.

Comment

• Live2Hunt
      Live2Hunt commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes people cannot provide any reason at all, it just happens like that and we must not force them to come clean at us. They're probably confused or not yet ready and let's just take it that way.

Did they have sex already? If yes, then I think that's the only thing that the guy is after. Well, most guys are like that. They treat the girls as if they are toys wherein they can play with whenever they like and can drop and dispose as well.

Comment

• hitthesack
      hitthesack commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly, yes, some guys are only in it for sex and nothing more. Once they get what they want, they're ready to leave you anytime. I've done it before and I feel guilty right now telling the truth.

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel bad to those girls who experience this, boys should tell the girls first what they are really into. 1xz9

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      hitthesack Do usually do that before? Have you already stopped that?

Well, that was too quick to just end. Sometimes, there are things which are like that. Sometimes, we have to accept it.

Comment

• badbadboys
      badbadboys commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything must come to an end and there's nothing we could do but to keep moving forward. Maybe it wasn't meant to be and after all, you just saved yourself from more further heartbreaks.

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't agree more badbadboys. People will get tired of you and we must have to deal with it that we can no longer excite them any longer that's why they're going to look for another person that would spark their interests once again.

There is no other good way but to become friends. If anyone of them refused to be friends, then they would just make their lives miserable.

Comment

Working...
    X