How long before you dump someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before you dump someone?

Okay, so you have been dating this person. You feel that you are not really compatible with each other. So, how long before you would dump that person? Yes, dump, as there is no other way, but to quit the dating scene already, right?

First date would be enough to dump him. After the first date, there would be no subsequent dates anymore. That would be the first and last date with him. Since there would be no other dates anymore, that would mean that no development shall come next.

Comment

• Informerem
      Informerem commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. First date would be good enough to gauge if someone is okay to date again or to quit dating the person.

• BearMsAlive
      BearMsAlive commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. On the first date, you could sense if it would be workable or not. It is easy to gauge.

• BabyUni
      BabyUni commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, it seems too quick to dump someone after the first date, after that would be better. Why prolong the dates, and have more dates, when you already had a plan to dump him in the future?

I would give up to three dates before I could say that I am confident to dump him already. Yes, I need to have few dates to determine completely if he is worthy to be dumped.

Comment

• BabeLady
      BabeLady commented
      Editing a comment
      SmgSpuffy why not make it TWO instead? Three is too much for me, remember how people only deserve second chances, so that makes it two, right? Just stick to two dates and if he fails to be that 'compatible' type of partner to you then don't waste your time with that man, dump him.

• Cupcakeri
      Cupcakeri commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, three dates are enough to get more of that person. At least, you tried to know more about him. Also, being dumped after the third date, would not feel so bad to the other party.

• Tastyblic
      Tastyblic commented
      Editing a comment
      I think giving a few dates to know more of that person is a wise idea and must be practiced. We could not just decide in just a short span of time. Every person must be judged correctly.

If there is no other man to date, then I would continue dating with him for the sake that I have a date. You know, just to have someone. I know what I am doing, we won't level up and certainly there would be no sex ever. When I get tired dating him, then that would be the time to dump him.

Comment

• Divina009
      Divina009 commented
      Editing a comment
      I get it, just for the sake of dating someone, yes, I will stick to him and if it would be possible for me to find another guy to date, then I will go to that new guy.

• Annalyn
      Annalyn commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, then that means that you are just playing along. Well, there are women who do that kind of stuff.

I would not dump him. I would just ghost him. Yes, just one day, I would be gone and nowhere to be found. In that way, he won't bother to ask me out for further dates.

Comment

• hardandrough
      hardandrough commented
      Editing a comment
      If the chat went idle then it is obvious that you do not want to be bothered again. I would ghost him as well when things are not the way they used to be.

• AnnieP
      AnnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, being ghosted is not a nice feeling. I would feel bad if someone would just ghost me.

I would give it a chance one more time. I would make sure that I was not just persuaded by my feeling. Dumping someone should be substantiated by reason and not by feeling alone.

Comment

• badbadboys
      badbadboys commented
      Editing a comment
      Or you just feel bad that you two are just wasting each other's time? I don't know where that came from, so, you're saying that one more chance then right after, enough is enough?

• truelove
      truelove commented
      Editing a comment
      SimplyAlisha well, your reason is valid enough for you to dump him. Simply because you do not find him compatible with you at all. Why force yourself to like someone that you do not actually like? Stop pretending to like him and giving him a chance to be with you if you know that things aren't going to work well for both of you.

• VickyMae55
      VickyMae55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! When dumping someone, we must be rational with it. The reason must be sound. We should not allow our feelings alone to decide on it.

Let's just dump them right away, there's nothing we can do if we aren't compatible enough for them. They will understand and might even look for someone more compatible enough for them as well.

Comment

We can have two more dates and if it's nothing to me, I think I should dump him for good and there shall be no more dates to look forward to.

Comment

• CupcakeTasty
      CupcakeTasty commented
      Editing a comment
      Two sounds better than three or none at all. But you can also dump your date during the date, lol. It is okay to dump someone if you feel like you are not compatible enough for them.

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, two dates would mean that it would be his second and last chance. He should at least make the last impression before you'd decide to end things off with him. Unless he's aware that you plan to dump him.

We're not compatible with each other on the first date already so I guess it's okay for me to dump him. But before I'd quit on our date, I should tell him that we're not compatible with each other so that he'll know.

Comment

• MoiraMcTagarrt
      MoiraMcTagarrt commented
      Editing a comment
      Let him know so he'll be aware of what it is about him that makes him not compatible with you but will soon find someone that he will soon be compatible with.

I am not going to prolong it anymore. I will dump him as soon as I know that he is not compatible to me. Because what is the sense of prolonging it? Also, I wouldn't want to waste both of our time, right?

Comment

• BabyBabu
      BabyBabu commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the best answer that I have read. I don't see a point in prolonging the dumping. I mean, what would you get by doing that?

I am going to tell him as soon as I can. I do not want him to hope that our relationship will last long when in fact, it will not. That is what I think is best not only for me but for him as well.

Comment

• fistingfatties
      fistingfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good, do not give him false hope that there will be another chance for him to have dates with you. He will have the chance to look for someone new, who would be more compatible to be with.

• BigDaddy69
      BigDaddy69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that you won't give him another chance? Well, you two might have met for just one time, how about giving him one last chance to prove himself to you?

If I know that I start to be unhappy with him, I won't dump him just yet. I will try my best to bring back the spark between the two of us. But if I already did everything and the spark hasn't come back, that is the right time to be honest to him and tell him that we are over.

Comment

• CuddlyPac
      CuddlyPac commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what I will do as well. I won't dump him without even trying to bring back what I once felt for him. I am not the type of person who gives up easily so I guess I will fight for our relationship for as long as I can. And maybe there is no need for me to dump him, right?

Even though I already know that we are not compatible to each other, I will still continue dating him especially if he continues to give me presents and treats me to nice dates. If I already don't benefit from him, then that's the time that I will dump him.

Comment

Before dumping someone, I will give him 1 week to redeem himself or maybe try to make me interested in him again. After that 1 week and nothing has changed, I will tell him that we are over.

Comment

If I am dating someone that I am not comfortable with, I would ghost him.

Comment

Working...
        X