Is Courting still a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Courting still a thing?

I have observed in this generation that guys do not court the girls that they like anymore. Yes, they constantly talk to girls that they like and take them to dates. But that is not courting. More often than not, what guys do to girls is flirting. I do think that before being in an actual lovers relationship, the guy must court the girl first. What are your thoughts on this? Is courting still a thing? Or maybe it hasn't been for a while?

I don't think that guys still do some courting. All they do is say sweet words to girls and in an instant, they become boyfriend and girlfriend already. Back in our time, courting is a must for the guys. I just hope that it will be brought back in this new generation.

Comment

• Vichie
      Vichie commented
      Editing a comment
      longneck Yeah, and that is the reason why they don't do that anymore.

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      But if they really like that girl, they should court her, a guy can't have a girl if they don't court them. Vichie

• AnneCubix
      AnneCubix commented
      Editing a comment
      Vichie I know, but of course, courting should be done too.

I do believe that courting hasn't been a thing for quite a while now. Nowadays, young couples usually just became couples through texting and social media. And I don't think that that is a good foundation of a relationship.

Comment

• smartass
      smartass commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, but that was before,my ex used to do that. and I think it will take a month before I say yes to him. KellyEM

• KellyEM
      KellyEM commented
      Editing a comment
      longneck So you never courted a guy before? btw, have you flirted with someone and ended up with your bf without courting?

• KellyEM
      KellyEM commented
      Editing a comment
      smartass Me too, it should be took a months before I say yes,lol

I don't think so. Guys want a relationship but don't want to work hard to get it. They always want the easy way out that's why they often avoid courting. Before, in order to get a girl, the guy should work hard in persuading her to agree to be in a relationship with him. But now, guys don't even need to break a sweat because they can easily get the girls that they like through their sweet and flirtatious moves.

Comment

• youngsterme
      youngsterme commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah right? and they should think that it's their responsibility to do it. smoker

• pleaserloser
      pleaserloser commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, a lot of times, but sometimes I just flirt with them. smoker

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      smoker That would be the first time, even me I would be afraid to it.

I think young people nowadays take being in a relationship and being in love so lightly. They have this urge to delve into relationships immediately without being familiar with the person yet. And that stage is associated with courting. But now that courting hasn't been a thing already, I think young couples do not really know their partners in a deeper level.

Comment

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should encourage all boys out there to court a girl. BigDaddy69

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with that, but of course, that would depend on the person. Aglowwo

• lover404
      lover404 commented
      Editing a comment
      Some new generations are into that. MoiraMcTagarrt

Courting is just a waste of time. You can get to know the person while you are already in a relationship so why is there still a need for courting?

Comment

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I never had, Because I don't know what is the proper way to court a girl. Airbind

• Airbind
      Airbind commented
      Editing a comment
      If you ever want to try it. There are a lot of tips on the internet. jerda201

• jerda201
      jerda201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Airbind I already know that, the problem is I don't know how to do it, it's easy to say but it's hard to do.

I don't observe people doing some courting. Seems like that tradition already died years ago. Most guys nowadays are all about hookups and not the actual relationship and I guess that's the reason why courting is not already practiced. Well, I just wish that I'll experience to be courted someday.

Comment

• AudreyA
      AudreyA commented
      Editing a comment
      That is pretty common now. AliveLivery

• AudreyA
      AudreyA commented
      Editing a comment
      because of flirting of course, and our friends keep teasing then we develop our feelings then automatic gf/bf. longneck

• squirrellove
      squirrellove commented
      Editing a comment
      I think guys still make you feel important now just in another kind of way and maybe not your thing which is why you don't appreciate or feel it that much AudreyA

It is still a thing for some people but it's scarce and if it has been in their tradition then better! We usually put a lot of effort into courting "the one" because we'll have to make sure that she will choose us to be her boyfriend and the rest comes easy.

Comment

• CupcakeComments
      CupcakeComments commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that someone out there can still be practicing this kind of thing. Courting is a big deal for me, back in the days my suitors will put a lot of effort to win my hand of becoming their girlfriend, oh how things change so quickly!

• Carlosa34
      Carlosa34 commented
      Editing a comment
      badbadboys The fact that courting is not a tradition no longer being practiced these days, I'm surprised that those youngsters know much more about hookup culture more than those old-fashioned romance.

I think that courting is a past thing. The world is now modern and with it, the courting has already been replaced with something else - modern dating. Even dating is now modern - most people expect to have sex after some dates so long as you like each other.

Comment

• Stoneyption
      Stoneyption commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the sad truth and it breaks me whenever guys expect me to hook up with them on our first date which is not what I look for. I've been seeking for a serious relationship but too bad these men just wanted fun for a short period of time.

• Airexadre
      Airexadre commented
      Editing a comment
      We can teach our kids in the future that courting is a much better way to get someone to fall in love with you. So what if you're old-fashioned? You know, it's best to make courting become a thing again, probably one of the best comebacks to all dating history for the modern generation.

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds really boring. they should try to challenge themselves,like courting a girl too. BabyUni

Maybe, it would be nice to be courted by men. Although that would be a far fetched idea. It is not common to be courted now. Times had already changed that people would just some dates then they would be together as couples.

Comment

• VanVan01
      VanVan01 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is nice to be courted by a real man, and I know there's only a few of them out them. I hope that someday there would be more of them, I must teach my kids the proper way of courting and we will revive this kind of practice. I hope future parents like me will join in too.

• HoneyHoney72
      HoneyHoney72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I could imagine that it would be nice to be courted. Although that would be just an imagination. I do not think that I would experience it anymore.

No, courting hasn't been practiced for quite some time. For teens at present, it's not necessary because they can always get to know their partners through social media (which I don't agree to). Most people like to talk and mingle in social media but I am against this practice because not everything in social media is true. That practice will only increase the number of misleading information about people.

Comment

• halfSlut23
      halfSlut23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I really don't understand why young people did not absorb the courting culture. I bet that they would have a longer relationship if they have gone through courting before being in a relationship.

• rockmybedpls
      rockmybedpls commented
      Editing a comment
      At least, there is the social media now. It is easier to just browse his accounts and you would learn something from it. I am still thankful that those social media accounts are existing now.

I admit that I am not the type of person who wants to do courting and stuff like that. I believe that's not necessary anymore for as long you and your partner both know that you are interested in each other and would want to continue for the long run.

Comment

• hardandrough
      hardandrough commented
      Editing a comment
      But your relationship wouldn't run a long course if there is no solid and trusted foundation. For the past years, courting is considered to be the base of a wonderful relationship.

• HoneySpyder
      HoneySpyder commented
      Editing a comment
      Just say that you are too lazy to make some effort to the girl that you like to be in a relationship with.

I think that a little courting would do. It would still be nice to be courted. The feeling would be fantastic when a man courts you. I still long to be courted. I think that I would feel like floating in the clouds.

Comment

• merrygoround
      merrygoround commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. Even the genie on the bottle would not be able to grant your request. In this age and day, no courting shall be done anymore. All would be instant, as far as I know.

• longneck
      longneck commented
      Editing a comment
      XtineA I am sure you feel special too if a guy courted you.

Courting is such an old school habit. It's more convenient to meet, flirt, hookup, then get into relationship if you've enjoyed the company. No need for courting.

Comment

Boys should court to the girl they like, and not just having fun around and just to fuck.

Comment

• longneck
        longneck commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder how does modern day courtship looks like. Isn't it they just say "Im with him"
    Working...
    X